Number 74

My stomach is absolutely sore from laughing so hard. Tris, all our friends, and myself are heading down to the Dauntless pool. After the food fight, we agreed to meet up after we showered and what not. Let's just say, the Tris and I showered together . . . And it got pretty heated. I smirk, remembering it.
Towards the back of the group, Christina and Tris are talking quietly.

I hope it's about the major fight between them. I hope they're making up. I decide to drop back a little to hear them. "I'm really sorry Tris," Christina says, her voice hard. "I just . . . What he did to you! And I know why, okay? But still . . . I was so concerned for you."

"Why did you say you always hated him, then?" I can sense the anger in Tris' voice, and the hurt. "I never got to know him before you guys got together. I never got to know him after. And I was kind of angry because he got all your attention." I roll my eyes, anger forming at Christina. I understand she didn't know me! But she knew Tris, and yet she still did what she did.

"Then why the fuck didn't you say anything?" I hiss, turning around. Christina cowers a little, and Tris looks completely surprised. "I don't know," Christina confesses. "I don't know. Part of it could be mood swings from pregnancy, for all I know!" I sigh, and hold out my hand for her to shake. "Truce?" I don't want to be fighting with her. She shakes my hand and says, "Yeah, truce. Maybe a little more." I laugh lightly desperate to ease the mood.
>>
We all stand in front of the pool, except Lauren who has her feet dipped in. The water is very warm, she told us. I had dipped my hand in to check--and fuck yes, it's like a hot tub. "So . . . We gonna go in?" Zeke breaks the silence, and I laugh at him. "What?" He smirks at me. "Nothin'" I laugh. "Nothing at all!" We all laugh, and I go walk to Tris.

She is beside Uriah, observing everything. I wrap my arms around her waist and blush creeps into her cheeks. I put my mouth to her ear and whisper, "Ay, can't wait to see you in a bikini." Her cheeks flush a deep scarlet again, and Uriah stiffens beside her. "I can't wait to see you without a shirt," she mutters, probably thinking I can't hear her.

"Well," Uriah says. "The sexual tension here is awkward. I'm going to hop in." He quickly takes off his top, and heads to the change rooms to switch his shorts. "Speedo?" Tris asks me, and I laugh. "Nope," I smirk. "But maybe I can wear less than a speedo at home." She swats my chest, and moves onto remove her top.

Underneath is a black bikini top, with dark red stripes. As she removes her shorts, I see her plain black bottoms, tied together at the waist. I grab her above her waist, and throw her over my shoulder. She squeals in surprise, and hits my back. "Put me down!"
"Care for a swim?" I laugh, and lift her off my shoulders. She's as light as a feather. I throw her into the air, and pretend I won't catch her. She screams, and I grab her. She's gasping, and I chuckle kissing her temple.

"Did you really think I'd drop you?" She shakes her head, and hops out of my arms. She nears the pools edge, and smirks. "Actually? I do care for a swim." She dives into the water, surprisingly graceful, and pops up, sputtering. Everyone cheers, and Uriah comes back out. He sees Tris, and he smirks. I scowl, but know I shouldn't be to upset.

I can see why Uriah likes Tris. I can. But I think he thinks his liking does deeper. I think he's still upset about Mar, and Lynn. And he needs a girl to rebound on. I hop into the pool after taking off my top, and Tris swims away teasing me. I am more skilled at swimming then she thinks, and I easily catch up.

She screams playfully, and turns around to face me. She splashes water, and I smile at her. I pull her toward me, and place my hand on her stomach. "I love you, you know that right?" She gives me a loving look and says, "I love you, too."

By now, everyone is in the water, and swimming and splashing. Lauren swims over and tells us that we're having a race. Tris and I head to the end of the pool, where everyone else is.
"On your mark!" Lauren shouts. "Get set--" Go. "Go!" I swim as fast as I can, my arms causing waves to flow from either side of me. Heh, I'm winning!

Once I reach the end, I notice Tris isn't anywhere in my eye site. When everyone gets to the end, I make out a small figure with blonde hair, sinking to the bottom of the pool.