Number 70

Tris POV

My eyes start to flutter, as I fend off sleep. Tobias is at work for the day, even though initiates get a week off, doesn't mean he gets a week off. I'm laying on the new sofa we purchased yesterday, before my nightmare. It's brown--more an Amity colour--and it's the fucking softest thing ever.

Tobias wanted to stay home with me, after the past few days, my lash out, and sickness. I told him not to worry, but honestly I want to be with him right now, and I want him to hold me.

I should be stronger, and learn to fend for myself, but it's so much easier to be weak.

Just as I begin to start to sleep again, there's a loud rapping on the door. "Hey Tris!" Max? "Tris," he sighs. "I know you're home." I groan, and make my way to the door.

When I open it, Max stands awkwardly, and in his hands is a letter. "This is from . . . Your parents, Tris. They sent it to us--well, you." I take it from his hands, a little bit wary.

"D-do you know what it's about?" He shakes his head and says, "I've got to go, Four wanted to give this to you, but he's slammed with work. Goodbye, Tris. Oh! And stay safe, okay?"
>>
Dear my little girl,
Oh, sweetie I miss you so much. I'm here to inform you of some . . . Extremely . . . Saddening news. Your father, had passed away. I'm so sorry Beatrice. I do have to keep this quick, so, his funeral will be held in the Abnegation sector, tomorrow at 1:00, I hope to see you there.
~Mother

I drop the letter, and involuntarily fall, hitting my head on the hard floor. The world swirls, and my vision is blurred with tears. Daddy.

I attempt to push myself up, but darkness dances in my vision. Okay, new plan. Stay down, and wait for the swirling to stop.

But just laying here gives me time to let grief fill my body, being that the only thing that's keeping me alive. My father, my father, is dead. Living to be only sixty years of age, is no longer on this planet.

It seems that now excepting this(at least for the time being), brings me the ability to push myself up right. My eyes scan over the floor, looking for the letter. They land on it, and I crawl to the letter.

"Daddy," I say aloud, I haven't called him 'daddy' since I was six. "Daddy, why are you gone?"
>>
"Hey baby," my husband calls out, entering the house. I don't respond, I remain huddled in the bathroom. After holding the letter in my hand, I had run to the bathroom and puked my guts out.
"Tris?"
He walks to the bathroom, finally finding me, and is his hand is a little pink box.
"What's going on, Tris?"
My eyes dart away, because I can't bare to look at him. Instead, I toss him the letter, and I feel instant regret. I shouldn't treat the letter so poorly.

After his eyes finish skimming it he to, drops the letter. "Oh Tris," he sighs, and reaches his hand to mine. I pull my hand away, and cover my face.

He plops himself down beside me, and holds my waist. I take my hands off my face, to look at him, and he picks me up so I'm straddling his waist. "My dad," I cry. "He . . . Died." His face changes from worried to regret, and he cups my face.

"When's the funeral hunny?"

"Tomorrow," I reply softly.

A/N: Okay, I am so sorry! I promise you guys two chapters a week--and generally one was supposed to come out TWO days ago! Damn it. I got really busy with....certain things.

BastilleDani probably knows what I'm taking about😂 and at -DanSmith-
Definitely a hectic couple of days! I'm due for another update soon, and Life I've learned should be updated soon, and Please Stay on my other account (xxWeAreFangirlsxx ) should be updated soon too! Byye guys:)

I love you guys so much! And voting and commenting means you guys love me too💟