Skipping Stone. . .

What?

Tris POV

As I breathe in the scent of the chasm water, a smile comes across my face. He loved me here, I know he did-he must've. I take a step closer to the railing, of course being careful not to fall. My hands grip the railing, and the memory of Tobias and I talking here months ago comes to mind.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He questions me, and I hear general curiosity in his voice. I let out a laugh and reply, "Hmm, why don't you show me?"

I know how much he loves me, he must. He wouldn't be with me if he didn't.

"Testy Tris,  stubborn too. But as you wish." He grabs my waist, and pulls me away from the railing of the chasm. He fits his mouth to mine, and a sigh of relief flows out of my mouth. God, I've been waiting to kiss him.

He gently presses me against the jagged wall beside the walk-way of the chasm. His tongue slips into my mouth, and I do the same to his. It's like we are exploring each other. "Do you know how much I love you," I ask him, repeating what he said. He laughs, and replies, "I don't know, I just know that you do-and that makes me happier then anything." He takes his mouth away from mine, but before we head to the cafeteria he pecks my cheek, and I think to myself, This must be what happiness is. Yeah, it is.

A laugh comes from my mouth at the memory, and I feel sorrows tug at my heart at the same time. "Shut-up you fucking idiot!" I gasp, and turn to see Max and Eric fighting. I feel a sudden shortness of breath in the presence of Eric, I wish you were with me Tobias.

To be honest, I am not surprised that Max and Eric are having another debate. Tensions have been high upon Eric's arrival, and to add on, initiates are coming next week. I fear working with Tobias, having to seem him everyday and remember how I will never be able to be held in his arms.

"God Max! I don't care about Christina, I'm done. I've got what I need and what I choose to do is none of your concern."
I start to turn around, I don't want to be around for for Eric to pick on. But as I turn, I run smack into a hard chest. Tobias. "S-sorry, I-" I stop when I see all my friends behind him.

"Eric and Max have been fighting since lunch," Christina says. "We came to stop them incase things get. . .serious."

"What?" Everyone's eyes are locked in the action of what's happening behind me. As I circle around to see I have just enough time to see Max take a swig at Eric's head. I gasp, and everyone runs forward, wanting to stop what's going to happen. This is the seriousness they were talking about.

Believe me, I would gladly let Eric get his ass whipped, but I'm not cruel enough to wish for it to be done near the chasm, where death lurks. "Stop!" Christina and I scream, just as Eric goes to sweep Max's legs from under him.

"The chasm," I scream. "YOU GUYS CAN NOT FIGHT HERE!" At this everyone turns to see me. I try to run towards them. Not another death, I pray. Please God, not another death. Strong arms encase my fragile ones and its Tobias. I struggle and scream at him to let me go!

I can't bare to see another body be lifted, two months ago a fifty year old Dauntless man took the jump, instead of becoming factionless.

"Stop it now," Uriah says, his voice deadly serious. I let out a scream of frustration. "You are all fucking idiots," I scream. "Stop them and stop watching! Do something!"