Number 41

Kreg

Tris POV

As I enter the tattoo parlor Tori jumps up quickly and hugs me tightly. "Is it my birthday?" I question. I don't think it is. But maybe. She laughs lightly. "No, I know what happened with Evelyn. I'm so sorry Tris." I nod sharply.
"I'm just looking to bring my life back. And I want to start working here again. Is that okay?" She squeals and I take that as a yes.
>>
"So Tris," says Tori. "Are you okay with hours from 9-5?"
"Of course!" I respond eagerly. 2 costumers walk in and Tori flash takes the first one. I suddenly then realize who the next one is. Kreg.

"What can I help you with?" I keep my voice flat and my emotions in check. He smirks.
"Well, you see a certain man named Four took what I wanted last night. And I intend to get it back.

"So there's 2 ways this can go down Tris. I stab Tori and take you. Or you willingly come." I don't answer I just simply leave with him.

Fear courses through my veins, through my body. My lip trembles.
Rape. He is going to rape me. I'd honestly rather die. We walk by Tobias and our apartment and he's heading out. We just passed the door. I turn my head around and lock eyes with him. He realizes Kregs hands are digging into my waist, holding me in place.

Tobias rushes up and shoves Kreg to the ground. Before I can respond, Kreg shoves me to the floor and starts trying to kiss me. It takes Tobias a few seconds to get him off. They viciously start squaring off. Tobias' eyes tell me that I need to go.

So I run to the tattoo parlor. Tori is wishing the costumer fair well. She's looking at she security cam tape. She looks at me and her eyes soften. "You have no luck Tris." She opens her arms and I don't decline. I hug her and cry. "Hey," she says. "Want to go find Tobias?" Tori's known his name for a while so it doesn't faze me.
"Yeah, I really do," I say.

We go back to the apartment and Tobias is still fighting Kreg. "Hey!" Yells Tori. "Kreg get your ass out of here! I could send you to jail for the rest of your life. Ain't that a pretty picture?" Kreg rolls his eyes. "This isn't over Tris," he whispers in my ear as he walks out.

"So uh Tori," Tobias says awkwardly. "Want to stay for dinner?" They both chuckle but I'm not in the mood.
"Anyway I can bring Bud?" We nod and she says she'll be back in an hour. Tobias looks at me and his eyes instantly fill with not pity, but concern. He raises his eyebrows and I start bawling. Tears stream down my already disturbing face making it worse. "What did he do to you?"
"Nothing, well other than scare me to death and ALMOST rape me. Nothing." I have to stop midway through my speaking because of sobs.

"Hey? It'll be alright okay? I know that sounds insane. But I will never ever let anything happen to you on my watch. And Tori will keep and eye out to."
>>
The dinner was amazing but I just want to go to sleep.
I love life but, it sucks sometimes.