Number 18

Lost

Tris POV

Tobias just left. I just lost Tobias. God! What is happening to me? "Tris," Christina says. I can hear a speech coming on. "The way you acted was totally inappropriate. Your 20 years old and your crying about everything. I'm your best friend, but it's time you grew up. Your effing Dauntless! I know you lost your baby, but you have Seely. And how you act when Four leaves is ludicrous! Seely needs a mom she can depend on. And one that's emotionally stable." Christina uses a gentle tone when she speaks, yet her words are harsh. I have to push my Erudite down.

"I know Christina. I'm taking no more then 2 days to get myself together." I say.

"Trissy-poo! Ooooo. Oooooo. Chrissy wissy........." Will says. I roll my eyes and leave.

I walk to a place I discovered when I was 19. If you push the railing down by the chasm it brings out a temporary bridge to a little sitting area. The height, and no way to stop myself from falling is a Dauntless action.

Once I get to the ledge; the bridge disappears. A drunk guy comes up to the railing and throws his beer bottle at me. While dodging it I slip. At the last second, my fingers grab the ledge.

I have to pull myself up. I'm Dauntless, for Gods sake!

My arms shake furiously and I think about all the people I care about. Seely. Tobias. Christina. Caleb. Mom. Dad. Uriah. Lynn. Marlene. Tori. Shauna. Zeke.

I get up and sigh. Uriah sees me and presses into the rail to bring the bridge. My eyes widen. "Okay, I know I'm extremely sexy; but you have a boyfriend so stop staring." Uriah says.
I burst into laughter at his comment. I walk across the bridge carefully, a little disoriented after my recent death experience.

When I get to the end Uriah gives me a hug. "How'd you know about the railing thing?" I demand.

Uriah bursts into laughter and confusion is plastered on my face. "Oh, Tris. Everyone in Dauntless knows about. Few are brave enough to go across, though." Uriah states. I grimace, then smile and shake my head at Uri. He mutters something about pansycake. That gives me an idea!

Uriah got a tattoo saying, 'I ain't no pansycake' on his back 2 months ago. I'm gonna get a tattoo. It'll show who I really am.

At the tattoo parlor:

When I arrive Tori looks flustered. "Hey, Tori! You okay?" I ask
  When she looks at me there's tears going down her face. "It's George's birthday. He would've *sniff* been *sniff* 28." Tori's says.

  "Oh Tori," I say, "It's alright, he's in a better place right now. Away from the Divergent murders." The last part is a whisper. She looks at me, and the look in her eyes tells me she's not telling me something. Before I can ask Tori says, "What can I get for you today?" Her mood switched drastically. Is she bipolar? I reply, "I want the names; Tobias; Christina; Will; Lynn; Marlene; Seely; Uriah; Zeke; and Lauren. Around the Abnegation Symbol. I'd like it on my hip." She smiles at me and says of course.

   By the time she's done I know who I really am.

  I am who those people(the people on my hip) want me to be. I am not Tris the Selfless or Tris the Brave. Not even Tris the Divergent. I'm a girl in Dauntless who has the best possible friends. The best possible husband-and child! I might've lost my baby. But all things happen for a reason. And I guess, I just didn't be carful enough. Peter. Oh, God, Peter. He broke me, no, he bent me, I'm to strong to be broken. I just need to fix myself; this was the first step.

   I'm staying at Christina's apartment. Mar, and Lynn are going on a date tonight. I offered to call Tobias and tell him to pick Seely up. But Christina insisted upon her calling him. Will is ashamed about his actions, so he went on a little vacation to Erudite; to visit his family. I don't know how, but Dauntless agreed. I think Tobias might've had something to do with that.

  "Tris, I know your still figuring things out. But this is the most important thing right now: Are you staying with Four or leaving him?" Christina says. I'm shocked by her forwardness. The Candor. I sigh. What am I going to do. "Chris," I say, "I don't know. I need time to think. I'll be back around 10 pm with an answer." She nods. It's 8:00 2 hours.

  I've been sitting by the chasm for an hour and a half. I've been thinking, Tobias is just stressed. He's always been there for me. Even through the hormonal faze. He loves, and takes great care of Seely-and me. He protects us, and is just amazing overall.

  He's the only one for me. He'll never hurt me. Even though he did shove me; he would never hurt me.

  I go to Christina's house and tell her I'm going to Tobias'.

  When I get to his apartment, Tobias doesn't question anything or ask for an explanation. He just lifts me into his arms and carries me to the couch. Our tongues explore each other's mouth. His hand goes to my hip and makes its way up. I stop him, I don't want to ruin the moment. He laughs lightly and places his hands on my face.

  We have a passionate kiss. Not a hungry kiss. The type that almost make me rip his top off and never let go.
I do half of that.

We fall asleep after an hour of talking and kissing. Mostly kissing. I sigh, we are meant together.

A/N: Long chapter. Ish!
So I'm redoing my room and doing school work. A lot of it. So I might not update until Sunday. Or monday🙈😁
Sorry.
Bÿë 10s and Fours.