Number 49

I could use an Angel right now

Tris POV

I yawn, roll over, and realize Tobias isn't beside me. A note taped to my forehead makes me laugh. Only him. I sigh, take it off, and read it.

I had to attend a conference call with Max. I'll be back by 10:00. Please be safe, and keep others safe. Also, Christina came by while I was getting breakfast. She said she, "You better have gone over those paper," and to tell you just that. Love you more then anything, even if it kills me.
~Tobias

I smile knowing he means it. The truth is I haven't gone over those papers. Maybe I should get to it....

But I have work.

I decide to throw on whatever looks...decent. I grab a black croptop with crisscrossed open-ish back, and some black plain tights.

If Tobias was here, would he call me beautiful??

A loud banging makes me jump out of my skin. Being officially paranoid I yell out, "Who the hell is it?" I hear a snicker and know it's Uriah.

"Oh no!" I scream. "Erik get off of me!" I know this will scare Uriah and he'll come in acting like a hero. Of course I know there's no Erik. I sprint to the kitchen grab some ketchup and a knife. I make the ketchup look like blood, and the knife will lay beside me.

I scream out in fake agony. "Tris!" Uriah yells through the door. I hold in a snicker and lay in a death like position on the floor. I hear the door unlocking with the key Tobias gave him. "OH MY GOD!!!!" Uriah screams. I hear footsteps and know he's approaching my, "dead" body. "GOTCHA!" I yell while spring up.

"Aghhhhh. Eeeekk!" Uriah jumps back and his eyes widen. "Yo-you were faking?" I nod and yell, "PANSYCAKE." Uriah bursts into laughter. But then stops.

"By the way you joke about Erik....you must not know..." Uriah says.

I reply, "Must not know what?"

"Evelyn persuaded Max into giving Erik a position back in Dauntless. He's working as a part time leader." I gasp and stumble back.

No, no, HE CANT BE BACK! "Tris," Uriah says softly. "Are you okay?" I have to brave so I nod in return. I hate life.

"I'm walking you to work in case Erik gets any ideas to soon," Uriah says. I nod. I'm not really aware of anything that's happening. I grab a cloth and rub off the sauce on my neck.

>>
"Tris," Tori says, but I don't respond. "Tris!" She tried again. I turn towards her and my hands start shaking. "Goddamn it Uriah! I told him not to tell you. I wanted to wait until Four is back." Tears flow out of my eyes rapidly. Why is this happening to me again? Can I never get a break?

"He'll kill me for sure this time," I murmur. "I'm already dead." -Or might as well be.

>>

Tori throughout the whole day tells me I'll be fine. I don't believe that. I might live for a little longer....but not much. I'm about to leave when Uriah shows up. "Seriously," he says. "Did you think I'd let you leave alone-whoah. Wait a minute. Are you shaking?" I nod. I just what to drop to the ground and cry for eternity.
>>
"I'm staying," Uriah try's. "Erik is around here and you have know one with you right now." I remember Tobias note, Please be safe. It would hurt him to much if I got hurt. He'd blame it on himself.

"Did Four know?" I ask. Uriah nods then says, "He knew when he left. That's why I knocked on your door. He has left me to be your protector. He didn't want to go, he fought Max to let him stay but....Four is the future big boss. He needs to attend these."

He knew, and he didn't tell me. I wish he was here with me. I wish he would hold me. "I really am broken now," I mutter. "No," Uriah says. "You're not. Because it takes a while to bend, and it takes even longer to break."
>>
"I'm going to bed," I say. Uriah objects, "Four will be here in, 17 minutes!!!" I laugh and say, "Fine but I'm laying on the couch with a pillow and blanket." Uriah rolls his eyes. He sits on the floor.
>>
I'm nearly asleep when I see the door open. It's Tobias. I jump up from the couch-nearly stepping on Uriah-and into his arms. He lifts me up and kisses me. "Ewwwwww," Uriah says. Tobias send him a look and he puts his arms up in surrender. "Bye," Uriah says as he walks out the door.

Tobias puts me down and closes the door and locks it. "That idiot," Tobias says. "He told you didn't he?" I nod and Tobias frowns.

"I'm scared Tobias." He actually lifts me up, bridal style and we sit on the couch. I sit up so I'm sitting on his lap.
"I know your scared baby," Tobias murmurs. "But know I'd never let anything happen to you. I was horrified when I found out. I nearly strangled Max. But he has to do it. Evelyn threatened to kill Christina." I gasp. I try to say something but it just comes out in sobs.

"Shh. I know. And....I can't promise it'll be okay. But I will be there for you." I nod and sobs rack though my body. My hands shake. Erik did this to me. "I love you," Tobias says. "I love you beautiful, even if it kills me."

A/N: HEYYYY!!!! Oh ma God. 4K read yo! I also have like 250 votes or something. Thank you. I loved this chapter....It might be my favorite. The next update will be mysticalwriterx  Saying her favorite fanfics. Special shout to:
brookecheersfourever TrisEaton4610 LydiaSpencer901 The first 2 are because they ALWAYS vote, and usually comment. The last 2 are because of there amazing fanfictions. Bye!!!!