Macarons.

Maggie.

Don leaving for job was something that I was used to, it wasn't something Alma was used to though. The few times Don had to leave the country for a case, Alma's very comfortable routine as daddy's girl was disrupted and she somehow wasn't paying much attention to me as of recent. I didn't know if it was because of the baby or what, but besides just being with her as she drew or watched a movie with her or our two times a week trip to her karate class, she didn't need me for much more.

This only increased my need to have my baby as soon as possible, Don could only handle me smothering him for so long.

I walked out of the bedroom in the morning. It was odd that Alma hadn't bursted into the room, hair wild and demanding breakfast. I didn't find her in her bedroom, and I guessed it was one of those occasions I would find her standing in the counter with her hands reaching in the cookie jar.

Not what I found as soon as I cut the corner of the hallway into the kitchen. There he was, my 11/10 husband, the man that still kept me wondering how I'd landed him when I looked at him for more than 10 seconds. With his rolled up sleeves and, very noticeable, bags under his eyes from what I assumed lack of sleep. He was looking over at Alma, who was still in her pajamas but with her hair in a hasty ponytail, pouring some chocolate chips on top of the batter that laid in the waffle maker, her other hand clasped onto what I recognized was a half eaten macaron.

That was all I could think about now, where were the macarons, I needed one. Urgently.

I looked behind me to the table between the kitchen and the living room. There was nothing on the table, or in the counter.

"Hey" I heard Don salute, he walked towards me as he grabbed Alma and set her on the floor.

"Hey love" I smiled at him, climbing on my toes as I waited for him to reach me and lean in to kiss my lips. I closed my eyes before any of those two things happened, and being held by the neck as he pulled me in for a soft kiss was somehow more that what I was expecting. His thumbs circled my jawline and he pulled back just an inch to kiss me again.

He hummed and left my lips, giving me one last kiss on my forehead.

"Hi" I repeated, opening my eyes and giving him a smile.

"Hi gorgeous, how are you?".

"Better now" I rested my hands on his chest and circled my finger around one of his shirt buttons. "Would be a lot better if I was having one of those macarons".

"Oh, bad luck on that one, Alma's already snatched the only box I brought".

I pouted hard, trying to take something to eat from Alma was an impossible task, that's why I didn't leave much things like open cookie bags or chocolate tablets around the house anymore.

"How was your flight?" I deflected, he gave me a twist of his lips as he turned around and headed to the waffle maker.

"I'm terribly jetlagged, but I have to keep myself up until tonight, if not I'm going to be eating breakfast at two am".

He grabbed his travel bag from the floor to avoid me tripping on it, and just as I was about to answer, he dug in and handed me another box of macarons.