Kirk.

Ressler.

"So, uh... it worked." Aram said, I stopped looking at the files form my report and nodded

"Yeah. Apparently, Kirk had a change of heart and he's flying in tomorrow for the meeting."

"You know what that means, right? You know what Mr. Reddington's gonna do. I'm not okay with this. Are you?"

Yes, I knew what Reddington was going to do, he was going to kill the bastard as soon as he saw his head pop in.

No, I wasn't okay with it, but what else was I going to do? The indictment and the hard evidence were enough to get him in jail. It wouldn't be for the right crime, but it would take him off the streets and get him into a long miserable life in jail, which is more than he deserves.

I went back home that night, and with Aram's sudden interrogation I had my doubts on wether or not I should let this all happen. I had the Intel, a credible attempt of murder on his life, all I needed to do was give a phone call to authorities and have him secured in case Reddington got him before the hearing. The thing was, I didn't wanted to do that, I wanted him to go to jail.

The next morning, while Mags had the TV on and it was brodcasting the whole hearing, I sat down next to her, suit and all, and had breakfast.

"Oil magnate Kirk" she said "isn't that the guy you're looking for?"

"Yeah, he is." I nodded.

"And?" She frowned "what are you still doing here? Aren't you going to arrest him?"

I gave her a twist of lips and shook my head.

"He's not going to make it into that hearing, Reddington's gonna kill him the second he steps out of his car. And if he doesn't, he's going to jail either way."

"Mm" she hummed "and you're gonna let him?" She asked, leading her cup to her lips. She gave me a twist of eyebrows as she put the coffee down. "I mean, sure, Donald would, Liz was your friend and all and you must want that bastard dead too. But is Agent Ressler okay with that?"

If there was something I appreciated from Mags, is that she separated me from my work persona, and that changed the perspective of things.

I, as Agent Ressler, believed that he should get a fair trial and go to jail, and either way get him a needle in his arm for the murder of a federal agent, and the attempt on the life of so many others. I wanted Justice for Liz. What Reddington was about to do, was avenge her death. He of all people shouldn't be the one to decide who lives and who dies.

I looked at her, determined.

"No, I'm not going to let this happen"

I stood up and grabbed the coat from my chair, turning on my heels and walking down the hall towards the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She called. I doubled back and leaned in to give her a kiss, she smiled against my lips and handed me my wallet. "Be careful out there" she said. I nodded and kissed her one more time before heading out.

As soon as I got to the Senate, I could see the overflowing security, both from Kirk and the local police. I scanned the buildings around, most of them should've been cleared at this point.