Spiraling.

Ressler.

Not being woken up with the annoying blaring of my alarm was what made my day the following morning. Instead, I was smothered with a kiss than began at my forehead and traced down to my nose, the spot just under my eye and downwards. The second thing that came to mind was the smell of coffee and how much I needed one.

I opened my eyes with difficulty, the day off that Maggie was forcing me to take came at the best of times. I couldn't open my eyes without grunting with effort. I rubbed them with one of my hands, the other one I had on Maggie's spine, feeling her movement around me.

"Hey" I was about to salute her back when her lips downed on mine. I didn't know for how long she'd been awake but she smelled and tasted delicious, not freshly woken up.
"Rise and shine"

I scoffed "I'll rise, the shine I'll leave it to you"

"Ow" she pulled back with a light chuckle "you're so dramatic. Come on, your coffee's gonna get cold"

I moved my elbow under me to pull me up, my other hand had to leave Maggie's warm body to rub at me eyes some more.

"Don't rub your eyes" she swatted my hand away and pressed her hand at my shoulder. "it makes you get wrinkles faster, go and get washed up"

I did just that, being greeted with a smirk as I rounded the bed and sat next to her. She'd made a heavy breakfast that could probably keep me fed until past lunch, I wondered if that was her plan.

"What time is?" I asked, taking the cup and looking down at the freshly made coffee.

"Ten" her eyes were fixated on the TV screen behind me, she pulled her legs to rest them between mine, my hand quickly finding her calves and rubbing them. "I turned off your alarm this morning at like five before it even rang. Your phone is off too" she wrinkled her nose, I gave the TV a quick glance to see what had bothered her. "I also checked on Alma, she's had breakfast already. Does not even seem to miss us"

"That could be good. She's due for daycare in a few months"

I looked down at her, the shirt she was wearing left no room for imagination on the top. My eyes landed on her stomach, she'd grown a big belly, bigger than Alma's when she was at this stage. I couldn't imagine what she would end up looking like in a few months.

"You're like, what, twenty weeks already?"

"Nineteen and a half yeah" she fastened her shirt around and drew circles around her stomach "I have an appointment next week for the gender already, Sara is planning this party, my sister said she would be out of town and can't plan for it but she'll be there for the reveal"

"That's good" I placed my hand on her right side, moving my thumb. "I understand what they mean now, with you carrying low"

"I know right" she said with a chuckle "is very low and also, very straining on my lower back already, Alma didn't start bothering me until two months before she was born"

I left my had there, just looking down at her for what felt like a good while, I couldn't stop myself from blurting out "I feel awful"

"Why love?" She asked, her hand now crawling up my arm.

"It's just- everything" I said between sighs "I feel like everything is fucked. I haven't even grasped the idea that where going to have another baby yet, I feel like I've put you through awful times and so much stress and with every day that passes I think that what is going on between Liz and Reddington and us is slipping through my fingers and I-" I stopped to take in some air, I didn't even know what I was saying at this point, my brain felt like mush, clouded "I don't know, I'm going to loose my mind"