Arizona.

Maggie.

I had never staid in a 4, almost 5 star hotel before, the Sheraton Grand Phoenix was just massive and impressive all the way, from the bedrooms to the accomodations in the halls and the conference auditorium that was built in, it wasn't unusual they used the hotel for meetings like this.

The first day of the conference I was very excited with everything they were showing in terms of directions they expected all the firms to follow. They wanted to start improving life styles in the new neighborhoods around the US, and of course, I saw Bennett in the conference.

Seeing he was a Civil Engineer, he had to know the directions the architects were going to go along with the structure of the roads and urbanization in the new condos.

I saw him the second day of the conference, when he sat down next to me and gave me a smile. I smiled back at him and since the presentation hadn't started yet, I used that time to catch up.

"How's LA treating you, you had to travel a lot less than I did."

He rolled his eyes a little and smirked at me

"That's the only time I can say that, I haven't been in LA much. My firm uses me as some sort of embassador for these things. I've been around the world."

"That sounds awesome, I've barely been out of the US"

"Well, you can totally go with me on my next trip to Cabo" he placed his hand on my thigh, and I instantly took it and placed it on his own.

"I'm dating someone, and you know that" I clarified.

"I thought that had ended, all of your relationships are short lived and you always come back to me" I sighed and looked away, that one hurt.

"This one isn't like that. We've been together for over a year"

"And how's that working out for you?"

I looked to my notepad quickly, then raised my gaze to the scenario where people were setting up for the next presentation.

"Very good actually" I said with a cold voice "we're living together, and we fuck every single night, just like you wish we would" I gave him one fast smile, then continued to look ahead.

"I bet he doesn't satisfy you as much as I would" he said leaning to whisper in my ear, I gritted my teeth and turned my head to him.

"He does"

He wrinkled his nose a little with a smug smirk.

"I don't think so"

And the bastard kissed me. It wasn't a long kiss, but long enough for me to pull back and feel utterly disgusted.

I angrily whipper my lips with the palm of my hand and stood up, because if i didn't get away from him I would punch him in his stupid jealous fucking face.

I couldn't stay focused after that, all I could think of was how much he had affected me with just two phrases. In that moment I really wished Don was here, because by the time the conference finished and we had the rest of the day free, I could definitely use some time with him.