Cheers.

Ressler.

I felt as if my world was falling appart little by little. Maybe not so dramatically, but a lot of the things I used to believe suddenly weren't real, Reddington wasn't Reddington, and Reddington wasn't a traitor. Two of the things that defined the beginning of my career in the FBI were no longer the things that defined me.

I felt as if the whole idea of Agent Ressler wasn't necessary. The one reason I was here, being the Commander in Chief for Reddington's case, was no more. There was no Reddington.

I'd let it slip after the briefing of a case that I knew Reddington was an imposter by doubting everything he did, and after the persuit of a tape recording, I got to hear in first row how Reddington had been framed.

I'd been called in as a witness for his trial to explain the Intel I had that made us reach the conclusion that he was a spy and had betrayed us. I attempted to not perjure myself, I really tried, but Liz needed answers. And so did I.

Reddington must've caught up on my attempt, and he asked me why I'd hesitated.

After hearing the tape, I felt half relieved that he was going to be taken out of the death penalty, the jury was going to rule to his favor, I knew that.

James had giving me a call earlier in the week, saying he was going to buy me a drink to celebrate Reddington's capture, and I thought after the trial would be a good time as any.

That was my first mistake, because when he made the connection of me having to testify for being head point in Reddington's case, he asked me about the trial.

"You know I can't say anything" I said, taking my beer bottle and giving him a side look.

"I know you can't. But you can not say it." I gave him a frown and shook my head.

"That's a bad idea"

"You can pat me down, I'm not wearing a wire" he said patting his chest.

"It's not because of that" I dismissed him.

"Why was the trial suddenly closed? It was supposed to be aired"

"Of that I actually have no idea" I said convincingly lying. I knew why the trial had been closed, it was for the immunity agreement and the current deal with the FBI and our taskforce. "Believe me, I was the first one eager to be there for the whole thing. I was very angry when it got shut down"

"But you got to see a little bit of it, you got called to testify"

"Yes" i said with a nod.

"And?"

"I testified" I nodded again. He gave me a chuckle and a shake of his head.

"You're seriously not going to say anything"

"I seriously am, I don't want to go to jail, my daughter's second birthday is in a few weeks"

"Oh yeah" he said in realization. I knew Maggie had invited him. "Still have to buy her something. You can give me a hint about that" he said with a chuckle.

"Give her something with a penguin on it, she'll love it"

"She likes penguins?"