That night...

Ressler.

All the drive to Maggie's place after our dinner I was fidgety.

I wanted her, I had been struggling with what I felt for enough time and my mind was set on one thing. I wanted to be with her everyday, every second. I wanted her to be the first person I called to tell her good and bad news, I wanted her to be the person to be behind a door when I opened it, I wanted her to be the first and last thing I saw when I woke up and went to bed. I wanted all of her smiles, her laughs, her hugs... I wanted all of her.

"You OK?" She asked, I just nodded and continued to look ahead.

I knew she wanted me too, she's been wanting for us to be a thing ever since before Audrey, but even then I felt so tense when I parked in front of her place and got out of the car to walk her to the door of her apartment complex.

It was now or never.

When she turned after she got her keys from her purse to say goodbye to me I downed my lips to her sweet ones, an event that was a long time coming.

I held her by the waist and pulled her body to mine, my hands going up her back, I caressed it as I wanted from the very moment I saw her wearing this dress. Her arms held her from both my shoulders and I moved to kiss and taste her lips from a different angle.

She sighed in content and maybe of a little pleasure, moving one of her hands to my cheek and neck.

Reluctantly I pulled back, her eyes fluttered before opening and looking up at me, my hands still held her from the waist. What I had been thinking to say, my confession to her had vanished from my mind, I could only look down at her hypnotizing green eyes. I leaned forward to press my forehead to hers, letting out a breath.

"I need you" I said, this time she pulled back and looked up at me, a little confused "I need you in my life. You're the only thing that's keeping me sane and I want to be selfish and have you all for myself. I want to be there to make you laugh, and to hold your hand through rough times. I want it all and I want it with you Maggie."

She expression changed to one I couldn't pinpoint, she held herself by the sole of my shirt and knitted her eyebrows together.

"Really?" She asked letting a sigh out, I just nodded, moving my hands up and down her exposed back.

She let out a smile that calmed my nerves as she held herself closer to me

"Really?" She asked again, happier, her voice high.

I'm not going to flatter myself but this was maybe the happiest moment of her whole life, the person who she loved was proclaiming his love back to her. I smiled to her, full blown smile as big as hers and before I could say it she said it.

"I love you Don" those words made me hold her closer and kiss her lips again, both her arms rounded my neck and pulled her up to my chest.

"I love you too Maggie" I said against her lips, she let out a laugh and gave me several short kisses before holding me by the hand

"We need to go upstairs" she whispered against my lips, I instantly nodded and followed her as she opened the door and we got to her apartment.

Her hand was holding mine, she turned to look at me with a smile on her face.

"Please tell me I'm not dreaming"

I chuckled and pulled her to me, kissing her lips one more time.