House Hunting.

Ressler.

I've  always thought that the phrase "happy wife, happy life" was nothing but nonsense. I didn't undestrand how the wellbeing of someone else could affect yours so much, we were all responsible for our own happiness in the end.

It wasn't until I met, dated and eventually married Maggie that
I understood the truth within that sentence. She could instantly twist the general energy of her surroundings depending if she was happy or sad.

I confirmed this statement when she got pregnant, even though some other things were happening to me, I was still very happy and as thrilled as her, when she neared down to the labor and she was insufferable, I felt that way too, and everything around me felt bad, felt negative.

So, now that we'd brought our baby home, she was just... I don't know how to describe her. I was also excited to have her, a baby really did change everything, but Maggie, she was in a trance of sorts.

She had Alma on her arms everyday, all day, she wouldn't put her down. If she had to go to the bathroom eventually she'd  left her in the crib and didn't  pick her up afterwards, but if Alma so much as sighed in discomfort she'd  pick her up and carry her. I also got to carry her a lot and I understood why she liked to have  her so much, she was like this little ball of I don't  know what and once she touched you it was electrifying, I loved having her on my chest... I just loved the baby in general.

Maggie also had a constant smile on her face when she looked down at Alma, I'd taken a lot of pictures of them both because I couldn't think of another two people who were more perfect  than them.

Mags had also recovered spectacularly which only made me admire her more. Between her and my mom staying at the house for a week after Alma was born it was a surprisingly easy transition from two to three people. Ethan had assured me I had no idea how bad it was going to get. Looking now at Mags cuddling Alma on her chest, her cheek pressed against the top of her head as she quietly patted her back, I didn't know how things could go bad.

I smiled down at them and sat next to her on the couch, I'd  just returned from leaving my mom at the airport for her to catch a quick fly back home. I had my laptop on my hand and placed it on my lap whilst sitting next to her.

I gave her a quick look, she was looking at me with a little twist of her eyebrow as she smirked a little.

"What are you doing?" She asked. I opened a few tabs and showed them to her "Oh my God" she whispered as she looked at the computer "your mom just left and your daughter has been born for barely a week, and you already want to move us out of the house"

"Precisely because she's tiny and doesn't make much of a fuss I want to move us out, when she gets bigger is going to be more difficult."

I motioned at the screen and selected a few houses.

"I want one with just one floor, the stairs are getting annoying" I selected a few things and filtered the results "does it have to be in that neighborhood?"

"It's the best neighborhood there is, I've researched it"

"Researched it" she repeated mocking me a little "the houses are expensive there"

"Don't look at the prices" I dismissed and selected a few, we spent maybe one hour looking at all the houses, the space, the bedrooms, I knew we would need to go and actually see some, but we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted.