In need of space.

Maggie.

"I need a favor, Raymond" I said after finishing the tour of the cabin.

He turned to me and linked his hands, holding his hat in them.

"It's not like a monetary favor or-"

"And even if it was I would be happy to provide Maggie" he interrupted. I paced around the room and sighed

"Audrey canceled the engagement, Donald and her are dating again and I'm..." I took a deep breath, feeling my eyes water again like an idiot."I can't, I need to get away to think"

"What exactly do you need Maggie?"

"I need you to tell my boss that you need me to check something in Rhode Island, to give me a few more days to be at my sister's before we visit my dad"

"Are your bags packed?" I just nodded "Dembe can get the jet, we can be wheels up in an hour" I just nodded again and gave him a thankful look.

Dembe helped me with my bag, but before I left and when I was alone in my apartment I gave a call to Don. Thank god it went to voicemail.

"Hey Donnie it's Maggie. Listen I know I sound like a total jackass, and that I haven't been truthful to you it's just that" I stopped to sit in my couch "it's my dad's death anniversary this weekend and I've been feeling just... Not up for a lot of things. I'm going to my sister's house to spend some time with her and her family and sort my head around. I need a bit of space and I hope you don't mind if I don't answer your calls. The first dinner after this its on me I promise. I'll talk to you next week, bye"

That wasn't far from what I actually intended to say. I wanted to say that I needed to figure out where my feelings stood, and what was I going to do with them now that they don't have a space in Donald's life, but whatever. Sorting things out, sorting my head out, was the best thing I could do now.

The jet ride was a lonely one. Raymond talked to my boss and I got the work leave, to which I was immensely grateful to Raymond.

2 hours later I was standing in front of my sister's house, knocking on the door.

It opened and behind it I saw my sister with a big smile. My eyes instantly dropped to her noticeable baby bump.

"Surprise!" She said while showcasing it.

What happened after that was that I screamed and almost tackled her while giving little jumps, to which she accompanied me

"Oh my god oh my god! You're pregnant again?!" I stopped and looked at her, my hands reaching to her stomach. I gave a few more happy jumps, a big ear to ear smile on my face. "I can't believe it! This is the boy right?"

"We're hoping it is" she said.

"Is it safe to come out?" Ethan, my brother in law came out of the kitchen, I quickly walked to him and also almost tackled him, he hugged me back. Ethan was almost like a big brother to me, even before he began to date my sister, he was always the coolest dude to be around.

"You know what they say right?" I said turning to my sister while Ethan walked to get the bags I dropped at their porch. "To get a different gender you have to change husband" I nudged my sister while Ethan gave me a stank eye, I chuckled and gave my sister another sideways hug.