Stay at Home Dad.

Ressler.

One month had passed since Mags and I spent the weekend with her family. 30 days without a case, 30 days that I took advantage of helping the people who'd helped Mags with the staged robbery. I can still remember the day when it all happened.

I was driving with her and Alma back into DC after having spent the weekend in Maryland. It'd been a chain of events that made me drag her to the car to take her to see her dad in the cemetery. Maggie had started having nightmares and short sleeps at night, and the breaking point for me was when I woke up to her crying. She told me at first that she didn't remember her dream, but later told me it'd been about her dad. I guess she felt guilty for not having visited him for over a year now, and I offered to take her for the weekend.

It was Sunday afternoon when we were about to cross the limit to DC, we were stalled in traffic for some good 20 minutes, until I saw one of the police officers with the K9 unit.

I shamelessly took advantage of my agent position and showed him my badge, demanding to know what was happening. When he told me he was just sent to patrol the oncoming cars, I asked to speak with his supervisor.

"What could cause them to close the city like this?" Maggie asked next to me, truth was, it was a lot of things, at the time I didn't think it was the fake robbery operation, but when I saw the chief of police Albert Rogers, who I had talked to, I instantly relaxed because I knew it wasn't a real threat.

"Agent Ressler" he saluted, taking off his cop hat and leaning in the window of the car door "I thought you asked for a big operation, this isn't big enough?" He joked, I smiled at him and extended my hand, he shook it vigorously.

"This will suffice"

"That the wife?" He said pointing at Mags, she was looking at the both of us with the biggest frown of confusion I'd seen in her yet.

"Yep, worth it isn't she?"

He chuckled at her confused state and stood straight from the door.

"We're all about wrapped here, I heard just 10 minutes ago that we caught your robbers, Clement's unit intercepted them on the northeast side of the city. They're working on the paperwork as we speak"

I extended my hand to him again, shaking his gratefully.

"Call me when you need me"

"Will do" he said, put his hat back on and began to speak on he handy on his shoulder.

"Ummm" Maggie began when Rogers wasn't in sight "what?"

"He meant your robbers" I clarified.

"My robbers? I didn't rob anything?" Her eyebrows pulled upwards in one quick motion, pointing outside "is all of this because of what I asked you to do?" I nodded at her "what the fuck?!" She asked alarmed.

I laughed and looked at Alma on the rearview mirror, being blissfully unaware of curse words yet.

"This is the standard procedure" I excused. It really wasn't exaggerated like this, but it was a city wide operation.

"Oh my God" she said sinking back into the seat and covering her face with her hand. Then, she laughed "what the fuck Donald I..." She sat straight again to look at me "I thought you were just going to you know... Set up a road block, something more discreet, not get the whole DCPD involved"