Self Defense II.

Maggie.

Even though I didn't wanted to let Don down, I still felt very uneasy when he remained silent on the other end, even if it was for a few seconds. He probably wasn't expecting me telling him that I had killed someone.

What he began to tell me didn't make me feel any better.

"Maggie listen, you have to call 911 and report -"

He didn't finish, the line went dead. I looked at the phone to see which one of us had lost connection​, but it only said call ended. I handed the phone back to Dembe and let out a sigh, slouching into my shoulders as I rubbed my forehead with my hand full of dried blood.

"Get cleaned up, we'll figure this out" Dembe reassured me.

Heavily, I stood up from my kitchen stool and walked to my bedroom, doing my hardest to not look at the living room, where now another two men were working on getting the body out.

I managed, and took a long, really hot shower. When I got Dembe was waiting for me with a little bag, he handed it to me, and I reluctantly looked back.

The body had been moved, but there was a large blood stain in part of my living room carpet and the wooden floor beneath it.

Dembe put his hand on my shoulder and led me out of my apartment. We rode the elevator down and he led me to a car, I was on autopilot at this point, very resignated.

I climbed up on the passenger seat of the car he designated and I pulled the bag over my legs, holding my arms on top of it as I sighed.

"How are you holding up?" I turned to the driver seat to find Samar. She placed her hand on my arm and squeezed to give me strength. "You can stay with me tonight, and if you want we'll talk about it"

I nodded, and looked ahead. It was a good thing to have someone right now, but I think Samar was more interested to know how I got him down that to know my mental aftermath.

Ressler.

I felt the phone being ripped from my hand just as I was telling Maggie that she had to report the intrusion.

I understood what Reddington was doing with and for Maggie, I really did. But it wasn't the right way to do it she had to report it and it would be easily declared self defense.

When Red put the phone back in his pocket, I walked a short step to him, furious.

"What the hell is all of this about"

"My people will take care of this, it will have no repercussions for Maggie"

"Someone broke into her house and tried to kill her, tell me who that someone was right now"

Red looked over my shoulders, then dragged me to a couple of tables and we sat in one of them.

"The house, with the vault in it, and the body you found inside" he looked at me, expecting for me to figure it out, but I looked at him back to demand him to continue "money laundering, that's what I did in that house, needed it to be untraceable to do some business transactions. One of my associates showed his wishes to stop working for me, so I let him go. Unfortunately, what he knew beckoned his son to plan a robbery of the money that I had in the vault. He gathered a few friends and managed to take down my security, while we were on our way, they tried to open the vault. They succeeded just when I got there. It was a little lesson in humility after that, I locked one of them in, in the place where he wanted to so desperately get it, not he couldn't get out"