Italy.

Ressler.

After I fulfilled my duty as a husband to provide food to my pregnant wife, she and I spent the day walking in the city, usually stopping by at one of the hundreds of churches along our path. The climate here was perfect, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my day, just Mags and I.

I was very much surprised when we sat for lunch as she struck a conversation in perfect Italian with our waiter, I made her a gesture to order for me, and after we were left alone I moved my chair to sit adjacent to her in the circled table.

"You know italian" I noted. She gave me a little smile as she leaned back on the chair and cradled her belly.

"Yeah, I do. I learned Spanish in highschool like we all should, and I made a quick Italian course when I got out of college. I was going to come here to an internship"

"And?"

She just shook her head dismissively at me and shrugged one shoulder.

She was going to say something but her eyes fixated on her stomach, then she smiled.

"Look" she said, then pressed a finger on the side of her belly button "are you awake in there?" She asked.

A few seconds passed until I saw the tiniest movement on her belly. She smiled even more and our eyes met.

"Did you see it?" She asked excitedly, I was about to reply but she took my hand and pressed it on the lower part of her stomach "maybe you can feel it" she whispered, moving my hand around and gently making me press my fingertips on the surface.

Feeling the baby kick was the most surreal thing I'd experienced. In the blink of an eye I remembered how Maggie had told me 'dads don't usually feel part of the parenting process until the baby is born', and I for sure believed it. Until now it was just 'Maggie is pregnant', but now, feeling the baby kick against my hand, I felt something undescribable in my chest. I could only stare at it, and then it kicked again. I head Maggie chuckle and lifted my eyes to her.

"I felt it" I said to her.

"Yeah, I can tell, you're pale" she pressed the back of her hand to my forehead "are you good though? Please don't faint on me" she said turning serious out the sudden. I gave her a little smile and rubbed my hand side to side on her belly.

"I just-" I couldn't really formulate sentence, I just retrieved my hand and motioned at her belly, she laughed at me and held my hand, leading it to her lips and kissing the back of it slowly.

"I get it. I cried when I felt the first kick"

"Yeah, but you also cried when I got you the maternity jeans"

She gave me a little embarrassed look and her cheeks reddened a little bit.

"I'm very sensitive" she excused herself. "I think it's great that you're so involved. I remember when my sister got pregnant with Talia, Ethan was not having any of it, it wasn't until Talia was born that he really got into being a dad. But you know, I don't blame him either, they got pregnant in the middle of college and everything was still uncertain for them. We have most of our stuff figured out"

Our food arrived a few seconds after she finished talking, and we busied ourselves with it while keeping up the conversation.

"I just think it's all you now, when it arrives I'll be more involved, help you out on whatever you need. Right now it's just a lot of waiting on my part"