Back at it.

Ressler.

I never in a million years would have dared to admit that going out with friends was better than to stay at home with a woman. Most days I still preferred it, but it only took me taking my time to be a bit alone to find out that I could enjoy myself without Mags with me, that there was somehow fun without her.

After she came back it became a thing, I would go out with my friends once a week and she went out with hers once a week. I mean, she already went out with hers once a week before, and I'd read and had been told that it was good for her, so of course I encouraged her to leave the house for a night and just worry about herself, I think that times alone like those were the thing that was keeping us all sane, because she was my thermometer, if she was fine everything was fine.

It was my night to go out after an office day with the guys at the taskforce, and before I could take off my jacket and sit down at the table with a beer, I caught a glimpse of director Cooper near the entrance, I frowned and wondered what he was doing there.

I saw him scan the room until he found me, our gazes crossed and it was my signal to know that he was there looking for me.

"I'll be right back" I said, shrugging my jacket back on and walking towards him. I followed him to one of the tables on the less concurred part of the bar.

"Agent Ressler" he saluted politely. I gave him a nod back and leaned on the table "I hope you don't mind I got in contact with your wife to find out where you were, you were hard to reach today"

I ducked my hand into my inner pocket to look for my phone.

"We were in a "no distractions" type situation today" I excused as I put my phone back on ring mode and saw that I had, in fact, 5 missed calls from him and one from Mags.

"I can imagine, I'm aware of your most recent work with your current taskforce" he motioned with his head back at the table "you've kept busy"

"Yeah, thankfully" I nodded.

"I got into contact with our informant" he continued. "He's not very fond of the idea but Main Justice is pushing for us to return, keep the agreement going"

I scoffed and shook my head.

"He can't force Liz to come back"

"I agree, everything is still developing but... I just wanted to make sure that, if we start operating again, that you'll be there"

"Of course" I said with a nod "my first priority has always been the taskforce, and my superior knows this" I said motioning with my head at the table with my teammates. "And Liz, if she ever needed me, I'm here for her"

"We all are" he said with a little sad smile, he extended his hand and I shook it "I'll be in touch" I nodded and watched him turn around and leave the bar. I stood there at the table for a bit, thinking. I was definitely going to need that drink now.

I don't know why but everything that happened to Liz always left me feeling bad, I couldn't help but to feel bad for her, and now knowing that she was going to be somewhat forced to get back on the cases after loosing her husband and not being able to take care of her daughter because of the sequels. I think that what really got me was what got me every time, knowing that I would never get answers.