Alone.

Ressler.

I watched attentively how James picked up the sheets of paper from the printer, took a bunch, gave them a shake against the top of the printer to make them match, and somehow paper punched them right in the middle of the sheet, then place them neatly in the hooks of the folder.

"You're invited to help" he said when he felt me staring.

"You seemed to be doing great by yourself" I stood up from my chair and walked to him a few steps, rolling up my sleeves.

I took a stack he handed me and placed it inside the folder, then repeated the same as we talked.

"Fucking hate paperwork" he said under his breath "do you know how much paper we're using and how much we're affecting the planet?"

"Paperback is unhackable" I replied, he moved his head a bit as he imitated me with a high voice.

"Paperback is unhackable" he mocked "I could literally access one of the cameras and look at the things written on this piece of paper"

"I don't think the camera is that high quality" I fought back.

"And the ink, the ink is literally in the ocean now."

"Okay, DiCaprio, calm down" I laughed a bit. He was about to say something to me, but stopped when the door flew open and in came three agents, Tanner, Edmond and Will who were in our team.

"Done?" Tanner asked, leaving a box on the side of James' messy desk.

"Yeah" I said, pulling a stack of binders and throwing it in the box, James followed with the last one and Tanner closed it. We scribbled our signatures in one of the papers on the top and taped it, sealing the box.

"Done, boy I need a drink because this Serrano dude, drained me"

James pulled his jacket from the back of his chair and I did the same with mine.

"Don you're coming?" Will asked.

"Sure" I said, checking that I had my things. I heard James gasp and the guys cheer a little because I had only taken their offer for drinks once when I first met them, and we'd been in give or take 10 to 15 cases ever since we got together almost a year ago.

"Why suddenly yes Donnie?" James said shaking me by the shoulders as we walked out.

"Because my wife's out of town" I heard a chorus fake sorry wails for me, I knew they were just mocking me because out of the five I was the only one happily married, the other ones were just married or dating or engaged or single but never alone like James. We needed to head downstairs to the archives to give the reports of our last case, expecting to get another one as soon as possible.

"Where's she?" James asked.

"She's in Seattle giving conferences"

"She took the baby?"

"Of course she took the baby. I wouldn't be of any help with her"

We'd reached downstairs and were dumping the files, I walked a short step to the window to sign and send off the papers, then walked with the guys out to the parking lot.