Botched plans.

Ressler

Undercover missions bored me, specially if I had to be the one left out of it, it could be a very long process just to get the information we needed, not to mention the logistical effort we had to go through to make contact and avoid blowing the cover, putting the person who was undercover, in this case Liz, in danger of being hurt.

We tried to monitor her every move, but for the most part, we had to wait for her to request a debriefing meeting with her handler, in this case me.

I'd been at home for almost the entire day, and by the looks of it I wasn't going to be called today, Mags of course had to go to work, the aftermath of our wedding had been settled finally and things were going back to normal. I don't understand how people can get divorced and then do the whole wedding thing all over again. It was fun, sure, but it had been so physically and mentally exhausting I was glad everything was over.

I'd poured myself a cup of coffee and was settling in the living room with the remote in hand when the front door opened, and I could her the characteristics noises of Mags arriving to the house. I turned the TV on which made her question out loud if I was here.

"I'm in the living room" I sat in the sofa and took a sip of my coffee while I head her make her way to the living room, she stood next to me with a frown, her purse still hung heavily from her shoulder.

"You didn't go to work today?" She asked while lifting her feet to her hand and taking her heels off

"Not today" she sighed annoyed and took off her other shoe

"We need to talk" she said leaving her things over the coffee table.

"Oh oh" I said taking another sip

"Yes, oh oh is right" she walked to the kitchen quickly to get herself a cup of coffee and in a minute she was sitting next to me, legs laying on top of mine "I'm going to show you something that I'm not really supposed to, but I'm confident you'll shut up about it" she said taking a thick binder from her purse

"Top secret confidential stuff?" I teased, she gave me a little look and then smiled

"We also have confidential stuff okay? It's not exclusive to you people" she opened the binder and let me look through it "remember two weeks ago I was kinda freaking out, reading a lot and talking on the phone too much? It was because of this. This is a new project for some rich Chinese investors" she passed through a few pages until there was a sketch art of a sign.

"A casino?"

"Yeah, so these people came and kind of made a contest between the different architectural agencies to present projects for their casino. Now, I don't want to say we won because of me, but we kinda won because of me."

She told the binder back and threw it on top of her purse.

"We did the structural design and also the vault and the other metric security system for the same investment price and they loved it, we basically did a 2 for 1 deal. So we have this huge project on our hands, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like in the news or something, a luxury hotel and casino being built here is kind of a big deal."

"But...." I said implying there was a problem, because so far this sounded great for her.

"I..." She sighed and left her cup on the table "I feel like my plans have been botched, like, this is going to take me a year, between building and then overseeing the other sides of the project not only the ones that regard my side of the project. And maybe all the other side work..." She covered her eyes and sighed again "I'm pissed because..." She stopped and let her hand heavily fall on her thigh. "I wanted to get pregnant" she said looking at me, searching for some kind of reaction on my eyes. I didn't give her any, because I knew what she wanted the whole time, I was surprised she wasn't off her pills.