Down.

Ressler.

A month, a crazy scientist and a con artist later, we were still okay. Maggie and I, the task force and Reddington. Liz and Reddington not so much.

They had been quiet after Vanessa Cruz, they hadn't contacted me to go to the Post Office to take another case, and if they did, I had plans on my own.

I wanted to get out of the city for a while, just Mags and I, the car, the road, go anywhere.

I was about to present this plan to her over an early breakfast when her phone rang.

She looked at it with a frown and answered.

"Kate" she said shortly. The other person began talking on the other line, and I turned the TV down.

Maggie cursed under her breath and stood up.

I heard her say something else on the phone. I really didn't wanted to get into her business, I knew I wasn't going to like whatever she was doing, because I knew it was related to him.

Still, I stood up and jogged upstairs, she was kneeling down next to a box and shuffling through some files.

"Okay I got one. Mass Avenue 5312."

She listened attentively, then hung up

"What's wrong?"

She took one file and stood up to me.

"Donnie listen" she placed her hands on my chest and up to my shoulders. "Raymond is down" I frowned, leading my hand to my pocket to pick my phone

"Where is he?"

"Everything" she said stopping me from taking my phone up to my ear "is being handled, and I'm unfortunately part of this so... You have to let me go my way and you do you"

"Part of this how?" She glanced quickly at her watch and fidgeted in her spot.

"We don't have time for this Donald I have to leave, ok? And after this I promise to not give you much slack about the force and you and Raymond got it? But I have to leave"

She gave me one quick kiss, then jogged downstairs.

"I'm coming with you" I said, jogging behind her, she looked back at me from over her shoulder as she kept walking.

"No you're not actually. Can't have the feds anywhere near the places I'm going"

She was about to open the front door, but I placed my hand over it to stop her.

"Donald please" she complained.

"The 'fed' it's also a person who cares about your well being" I stressed the word 'fed'. I never liked it when people said it despectively, and specially if one of those people was my own girlfriend.

"If you care then it's better I go alone, you're FBI, you think people don't know you?"

My phone rang, I quickly fished it, still holding the door to keep Maggie in