Stability

Ressler.

I don't know where I stood right now. After the accident and after I got my strength and mobility back, I made the though decision of staying grounded, helping Maggie in anyway I could.

That entailed me not giving my help to anyone in any taskforce, no consulting jobs, anything. The first week, between the physical therapy and not being able to hold my own just with my right hand, I felt so useless, I was in a bad mood for maybe a week until I was strong enough and stopped having to depend on Maggie.

With the best soothing voice she had she'd told me that it wasn't a big deal helping me, but I knew better, I knew I was a nuisance at the house, not helping with the baby, it was easily the worst week of this year.

After I finished the physical therapy I went to the gym more regularly, and I you know... Got in more shape than I was. Over time that resulted in Maggie squeezing my arm every time she walked past me with a little smile.

I staid at the house when she was away at work, I took care of Alma who was so much bigger and more fun to take care of, she could eat now, we played hide and seek, I walked her around the house, holding her face down on my arms and making train or plane noises, she had the time of her life.

If Maggie couldn't come to eat at home, I took lunch to her place, but we always had lunch together, mainly because after so many hours of being kind of alone at the house, I took any possibility I had to be with her, even for just a little while.

Maggie walked in one day with a face that I knew it was bad news, well, not necessarily bad news but something had happened. I was chopping some tomatoes for some salad when she walked into the kitchen and left her purse and her briefcase on the island.

I sometimes looked at some people and my first thought was "they're rich", the clothes, the stand, the face, the jewelry they had on, the bags they used, the phone, some of those things where telltale sings that someone was loaded.

In the time I'd been with Mags she'd gone from a normal 9 to 5 employee at a firm to the head of a whole division, along with four teams of people who worked for her. She just managed the larger details and trusted other architects that were as good as her with the minor subjects. Seeing the person she'd become now, how much she'd grown in her job despite everything, despite Reddington, job changes, the wedding, the baby. She'd managed to overcome everything, she was the kind of women who went to a car agency, picked a car and instead of being shocked at the price she asked if the seats could be leather instead not fabric.

I was so proud of this woman, luckily she was mine, only mine.

Whilst I was thinking all of this and looking at her talk, I assumed she told me something important, because she stood looking at me for a full second, expecting me to say something, then threw her hands in the hair, slapping her thighs as she walked away from me, shaking her head.

"I got distracted baby I'm sorry" I said finishing with the salad and taking it to the table.

"I was saying important things, I wasn't talking just to talk today" she said giving me a little look. I must admit I would've been angry at myself as well if I was left to talk to a wall.

I always found it funny how she could be giving me an angry look, but as soon as she looked at Alma all of her face changed to the biggest smile, her voice elevated to a high pitched 'hiiii' as she bent down to hold Alma from her mess of pillows and toys on the floor.