Camping Trip.

Maggie

Maybe pulling an all-nighter last night wasn't such a good idea. I went to bed at 3 and was up today at 6 to prepare everything for our weekend in the Anglokian park in Maryland. Weather was going to be good this weekend and with luck we would arrive at 8 there.

I had prepared a change of clothes, my fishing equipment some snacks, we had divided the chores between the 7 of us.

Don was coming, I don't know when was the last time I was so eager to see a boy, we hadn't talked much this week, he had to work with Raymond. I had to tell him about last week.

That aside, I missed him. He was this really closed off don't talk about my family special agent, but sometimes I worried sick about him, that split second when I thought that one day I may never see him again always left me nauseous. But whatever, might as well enjoy my time with him these next to days, maybe he'll open up to me a bit more.

My phone rang and I took my things while answering it

"Hello?"

"I'm outside, need help carrying anything?" Don asked me.

"Nope, I'll be right down"

I hung up and took my things, making sure I took everything I needed then closed the door of my apartment.

I dashed downstairs and outside to find Don looking through his trunk, I left my thing in the side of the car for him to arrange

"How are you?" I asked, giddy to see him, he looked at me and gave me a smile while taking my bag

"I'm fine, are you a morning person?"

My eyes settled on the fading purple spot on his temple, accompanied with little cuts, I frowned and moved to look at him properly.

"The hell happened to you?" I asked concerned. He frowned back and shut the trunk facing me

"What?"

"Your..." I motioned at his head "are you OK?"

"Yeah, it's not as bad as it looks."

"But what happened?"

"I fought three Chinese killers on the tenth floor of a building under construction" he said, like it was the most normal thing in the world "shall we? I'm not a morning person until my second coffee"

I nodded, still shaken up, but followed him to the car, I sat shotgun, looking at him as he set himself to drive. He looked at me and smiled at my confused expression.

"I'm fine Maggie"

"People are gonna ask questions about it"

"Don't you think it makes me look tough?" He said playfully as he drove down the street, I let out a smile while letting my shoulders down. "So, while I was single handedly taking down three martial arts experts, what did you do?"

"I bought a ficus." He laughed, making me smile "and I began personal defense clases, two times a week"

"Any special motive for that?"

"Raymond knows"

His expression changed while he gave me a look, setting his eyes in the road again

"What did he say, exactly?"

"He said that he doesn't want to hurt me, that he works for you for a good reason and that he trusts I won't tell you anything that could endanger his.... Contingency plans. So, I'm a cross road now"