Paint II.

Maggie.

"So, here it is" I presented while I walked into the living room, Don behind me.

"You're right about the whole price deal, and a gated community? He must be very good doing business"

"Okay, I know that as soon as I gave you the address of the house you did your research because thats how you are" I walked a short step to him and threw my arms around his shoulders "but can you please not ruin it by saying that there was probably a murder in this house or that there's a secret room where they held some creepy fucked up kid chained up because the parents didn't want them?"

Don scoffed with a little laugh, holding me by the waist.

"I'll say nothing"

"Good, because it was kind of hard to make the decision to keep the house"

Yes. The house Raymond got me, the one that was in a gated community like Donald pointed out, that same one I decided to keep.

The initial problem with the house is that I felt like I was stepping into someone else's home, everything was already furnished and ready to live in. But it wasn't my house.

Then, Raymond took the liberty to take all of my things from my apartment and placed them here, against my will mind you.

But after I walked in here and saw my things fill the room, I just fell in love with this place, I stayed in Donald's place until I decided enough was enough and I didn't find any other apartment with similar settings as my old one, so, the house it was.

Don was still holding me by the waist. I gave him one short kiss before pulling back and holding open my purse.

"I don't want to make this weird but here" I pulled out a key and handed it to him

"A spare key?" He asked while holding me by he waist again.

"Yeah, I don't mind at all you dropping by whenever you want, you're more than welcome here"

He smiled down at me and kissed my lips. I delighted them with my own while my hands slipped to his neck again.

I pulled back with a chuckle when his hands moved from my waist to cup my ass.

"Get the cans of paint out of the car if you're feeling so handy"

He chuckled back at me and walked a short step back to the door, I turned around and grabbed the old papers I'd brought to cover the ground next to the wall I was going to paint today.

Don walked with the two cans of white paint and set them in the floor next to the painting trays and rollers.

"This time I'll take up, this ceiling is higher than the one in your apartment" he dragged one of the chairs from the kitchen while I set everything for him. He began to paint while I set my phone with my favorite radio station. A light song was playing, I stood in front of the wall and began to lightly stroke the brush carefully in the connection between one wall and another.

"Who thought this was a good color? It's piss yellow"

"I know, it's Grandma yellow, it's hideous. The wall paint is one of the most important parts of conditioning a house for sale, that and the floors, and white opens up the space. Yellow makes it seem like this is a weird Conjuring house"