Paint.

Ressler.

"What's the difference between those two though?" I said pointing at both samples of the color Maggie was choosing for her walls.

"This one is darker"

"Barely"

"Agree" she sighed and left the samples back at the desk of the reception "it has to be lighter though, the sun comes from the window right next to it and it has to look shinny. Like this"

She flipped through pages that to me, contained the same color, she pointed at one and looked at me.

"But I think it's too light"

"You can take it white, and add this colorant" the men at the desk pulled some little pouches of paint from a cabinet behind him. "And add accordingly to your liking."

"Mmm" she hummed and took the pouch, she gave me a glance and smirked "ok, I'll take this one. Otherwise I'll end with your patience"

Not to mention that my patience was already low, but not because of this. We've been digging on files, Reddington's acquaintances we put away in a hole. No one was talking.
I cannot go back to the routine of following bank robbers or tear down a meth lab. But it's exactly where I'm headed unless I get a lead this week, today.

I waited for Maggie to finish with her purchase and carried the cans of paint to the car, covering them with a tarp in case of an accident. We climbed back in my car, and as we drove back to her apartment, I could feel her eyes on me.

"What?" I gave her a quick glance, and returned my view to the road.

"You look mad. You got problems at the... Post office"

"Why do you say it like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like it's unlikely I work at a post office"

"Because I'm a good judge of character Donald, you don't look like a person who sits behind a desk all day, even driving must be too much inactivity for you"

She was a really good judge of character

"And what do you think I do then?"

"I don't know" I could see her shrug her shoulders from the corner of my eye. "Even your haircut is like super formal. Maybe you're an equity trader"

"An equity trader?" I said with a chuckle

"Yeah, you know, those dudes are kinda out there. Besides, you know, the standard cop. But I think that's too much for you"

"Why would that be too much?"

I parked the car, she opened the door of the passenger while I pushed the button to open the trunk, then exited myself.

"There's a lot of double crossing and bribes, dirty cops, corruption. I don't think you could not do something about it if you were in the force. You look...by the rules" she air quoted as I lifted the cans, she closed the trunk and let me in.

"In that you're right." She pushed the button for the elevator, though she lives in the third floor, but I guess she was considering I was carrying the heavy stuff while she only had the bag with the colorants.