Getting back to normal.

Ressler.

Thankfully for me and my mental state, Reddington had name for us when I got back to work, I had to get Audrey out of my head for a while and focus on my job.

Her things were still at my house, untouched. The autopsy report was going to take another day, her funeral was going to be in the weekend and I had two days tops to gather her things.

Liz, Cooper, Aram, they had all been given me strange looks, pitiful looks, I had to assure them that I was fine. Work was helping me move on.

It wasn't until we had nothing else to do but wait until we came up with some more information that I called Maggie, the phone only rung once before she answered the call.

"Don" she said a bit worried

"Hey" I sheepishly replied "sorry I- "

"It's OK" she interrupted, dismissing me from having to apologize for not calling her.

"I have some things to do still but... I think I'll need your help"

"Yes, anything you need" she said instantly

"Can you come by my place?"

"Sure, 7 sounds good?"

"Yeah, I'll be waiting"

After she said her goodbyes I hung up and got out of my car, walked to my apartment and got into comfortable clothes to finish this once and for all.

I was putting several things away from the living room when I saw it. A little box, with a 'pregnancy test' label.
I didn't have the guts to open it to see the result, knowing would only make it worst, instead I tried really hard to hold my feelings in, the pressure in my chest and in the back of my eyes. I put the box inside another one and closed it, I was going to look for the scotch tape in my kitchen when the door knocked.

It took me two seconds after seeing Maggie that I just crumbled, she hugged me after giving me the saddest look she could, I held her against me as if she was a lifesaver in the middle of the ocean and I was drowning, it felt that way.

My eyes stung, both my arms were going around her waist, my breathing was labored but I felt a little bit of relief after I pathetically cried my eyes out in front of Maggie. She's the only person I had allowed myself being weak.

When I decided to pull myself together and pulled back to dry away my cheeks she did it for me, it was the most maternal and comforting gesture I had received in a long time.

"It's OK" she dismissed me, I noticed her eyes were red as well "it's going to be hard, it's going to fucking suck, but you'll get through this."

One of my hands was still holding her, and I didn't wanted to let go, she just quietly gave me another hug and then a few encouraging pats on the back

"Ok, so... What are we doing?"

"I need" my voice quivered, and I cleared my throat before I continued talking "to put Audrey's things away, her parents are taking them when they come to the funeral." I waited a little bit before speaking again "I didn't wanted to do it alone"