Anniversary.

Maggie.

"You don't need to do this, it upsets her" Don said, holding a struggling Alma in his arms.

"I only change her earings once a month"

"All the ones that you've put her are the same"

"It takes me literally two seconds to put them" I latched the last earring on her, watching her wail and begin to cry.

"It's okay we're ready" he said lifting Alma over his head, she instantly stoped crying because she loved to be lifted up high, she put on the biggest smile on her face, Don pulled her to his chest then lifted her up again, making her laugh.

"Let's head down" I said, taking the bag and placing my hand on his back.

We were at our all inclusive hotel in Miami, on our little anniversary/vacation week, and our hotel had a direct exit with the beach, so everyday after brunch, we would head downstairs to the beach for a while, and strolled around the city at night.

When we got down we picked a spot that was relatively empty and set the towels and a little beach umbrella to cover mostly alma, I loved being under the sunshine. I mostly laid face down and watched how Don made sand mountains for Alma, just because she loved to tear them down with her hand, she loved the sand, and she absolutely loved the beach.

Don was absorbed, filling up a bucket and placing it face down in front of Alma, she then lifted it up and saw the sand castle amazed. I moved from my spot and crawled to him, sprawling on  top of his crossed legs, he gave me a little look and smiled at my very obvious attempt to attract his attention.

"Hi" he said, leading his hand to my waist.

"Hi" I said with a smile "so, I've got plans for tonight"

"Okay, I'm listening" he ran his hand over my waist to my sides, hanging lazily over my butt.

"I talked to the hotel management and they told me that they do have someone that gives them babysitting services that they have worked with before, so someone can come and take care of Alma for the night" he instantly gave me a face like he didn't like that idea at all "but-" I interrupted with my finger up "we're not leaving the hotel, we can have dinner here, it's show night so they have live music and we can get drunk and all that good stuff"

He meditated a little, giving Alma a few glances over my shoulder.

"Okay, that sounds fine"

"I don't want it to sound fine, I want it to sound fun. I want you to get drunk with me"

"We have a child to take care of"

"We can be functional adults with a little headache, and you know it doesn't take much effort to get me drunk" Don gave me a smile, then leaned in to kiss me on the lips.

I turned around over him and looked at Alma. She was busy trying to shovel sand into the bucket, looking very concentrated. I leaned back, landing on Don's chest and smiled. This moment right here was my little piece of heaven. The love of my life, my daughter, and that was it. I felt Don's lips on my shoulder, then go up on my neck.

"Now I understand what you mean when you tell me you missed me"

I smiled more, turning my head to the side and looking at him.