Defeat

Here is the next chapter for you. Comment and or vote and let me know what you think. Please enjoy.

Everyone rested in various places in the living room or in one of the bedrooms. Phi had left only twenty minutes ago and Mick and Clio had worked together to bring everyone inside the house as quickly as they could. Clio cut his wrist and fed Zac his blood to wake the younger blonde vampire and give his healing a little boost.

"Clio?" Zac asked as he sat up.

"Take it easy for a while," Clio advised. "Phi has left. Everyone is safe now."

Zac looked over to where Mick was helping Orochi, Katana and Akira. Clio moved over to assist Suoh and Fubuki. One by one the two uninjured vampires fed those who were injured and soon almost all the vampires were recovered except Akira, Suoh and Freddy.

"Where is Freddy?" Zac asked.

"I left him in the recovery room with Bowie when I came out to assist with Phi."

"I will tend to Freddy and Bowie," Clio offered. "Continue assisting the injured up here."

Mick nodded and Zac stood up to see how the Beasts were doing. Shu was in his wolf form by the basement door. As Zac approached him he opened his eyes but didn't move.

Shu had burns all over his body and his breathing was weak. His eyes held pain and exhaustion. Zac knelt down next to him.

"How long will it take you to heal?" he asked the albino wolf.

'probably three or four hours. Wolves don't heal as fast as vampires do but we do heal faster than humans,' Shu explained.

"Clio," Zac called down into the basement.

"Zac," the response came quickly.

"I know wolf blood is toxic to vampires but is vampire blood toxic to wolves?"

"I believe not," Clio said after some thought.

"So if a vampire gave a wolf blood to try and help them heal it wouldn't hurt them?" Zac asked carefully.

"It shouldn't but I'm not a hundred precent sure," Clio called back.

"Can wolves use blood to heal quickly like vampires do?" asked Mick.

'It might help a little,' Ben replied from where he lay on the floor a small distance away from Shu also in wolf form.

"You learn something new every day," Mick mused as he offered his blood to help the Beasts' second in command while Zac helped the alpha.

Soon only the magic users, the shifter and the Shaman still needed treatment besides the three still injured vampires and the wolves. Mick looked around at the whole group. Silas was injured but up and about. Kris was laying on the couch in front of the t.v across Trad resting while he kept watch. Arthur was sitting on the floor next to the other couch and Jin was laying on the second couch. He wasn't awake yet.

"Um Zac," Mick called to his leader. "Jin's not conscious yet."

"He took a direct and powerful hit," Arthur told him. "If he doesn't wake soon I'll try a heal spell."

"Clio hasn't come back up yet," Zac mused to himself.

"I'll go," Mick told him. "I want to see Bowie and see how Freddy's doing."

Zac nodded and Mick walked down into the basement. He noticed Boa still asleep just outside the recovery room. He heard faint weak hisses and knew for a fact Bowie wasn't accepting Clio's help. Mick quietly entered the room and saw Freddy, weak but healing, sitting on the cot in the room.