A Confrontation & Confession

Here's the next chapter. Comment and or vote and enjoy.

Almost everyone was present at the Super Stars house when Kris called them to gather quickly. The only ones not present at the time were Isao who was getting Kaiya from the hospital since she was finally well enough to leave and return home and Zac, Freddy and Bowie who were in the hands of the enemy and Nightfell who was staking out Phi's hideout. It was late morning and it was time to do some rescue planning before Kaiya arrived and they had to explain what was going on to her.

Since she had gotten much better it was decided by the medical staff at the hospital that she could go home to her family. It was agreed upon that she would come to the Super Stars house and Kris and the team would fill her in on everything that had been happening and explain about Bowie. Right now there was still a bit of time until Isao returned with her. Plenty of time to plan their rescue of Zac, Freddy and Bowie.

"Okay any ideas?" Kris asked.

"We could simply storm the place and take the hostages back by force," Silas suggested.

"We need to be careful about this if we want to take Phi down. I highly suggest we wait tell Nightfell returns with insight on the tower before truly planning anything," Clio suggested calmly.

"I guess," Kris said after some thought and realization that Clio was probably right. "I just figured we should have a bit of a plan ready to go for when he returns with his insight on Phi's tower hideout we could make changes to it when he returns.

Nightfell returned a few hours later to see the kids all playing outside under the watchful gaze of Amaya. At his return Amaya smiled and they shared a brief kiss before she pointed out Reiko all by herself and looking miserable. Nightfell headed over to her.

"Reiko what's wrong chérie (french for dear)?"

"Freddy's not here. He's being held prisoner again. I want him here. With me. Safe."

"Hey. I'll rescue Freddy and bring him home safe and sound," Nightfell promised. "I'll bring them all home safe and sound."

"Is your name really Nightfell? Are you really Zac's older brother?" Reiko asked after a few minutes of silence between them.

"Yes I'm Zachary's older brother but non (french for no). Nightfell is just an alias. My real name is Bretton I just prefer Nightfell."

"What's an Alias?" Reiko asked.

"It's a different name you go by. Kind of like a nickname but not always a nickname," Nightfell explained as his mother approached.

"I see. I still think you're cool and I like the idea of you as a step father," Reiko admitted.

"I don't know why you insist on using that silly name," Yoko expressed.

"Hey. It's who I am," Nightfell defended himself. "It's not that I don't like my name. It's just that the less people who know my real name the better. You know why mère (french for mother). I will admit I do still get urges but Zachary's putting me to good use."

"Urges?" Amaya inquired.

"I'm a thief by nature. I did time in prison though for a murder I didn't commit. I stopped to help the victim, she died and I got convicted. I already had a criminal record from thieving and the cops decided it was easier to convict me then find the real killer."

"Harsh," Amaya commented.

"How is your brother putting you to good use?" Yoko asked.

"My vampire ability is I can change or turn off my scent. Zachary uses me to sneak into places and steal info or items like keys and stuff to help us defeat any enemies we encounter," Nightfell explained with a smirk.