Chapter 24 kids

Nat's POV:
Bruce and I have always wanted kids. If you know part of our story you would know I can't conceive and Bruce can't get anyone pregnant. It's definitely a struggle when people ask us when we will have kids but we get through it. Together. 

"So when are the little red heads coming?" The interviewer asked eagerly. Bruce and I were at an interview at the moment that Tony set up for us. I responded "Well we haven't really thought about kids that much but if I had to say a date or year it would probably be awhile from now." Bruce nodded and the interviewer said "Years!?!? You guys are so young though have kids now! Then you can be old when you're old." Bruce said "Well with hero work it makes things harder." I said "Yeah! Being an Avenger and taking care of a kid? I couldn't imagine that." Everyone started laughing and Bruce grabbed my hand. He could tell I was uncomfortable talking about having kids. I knew he was as well and the interviewer kept on asking questions about kids. We both answered the best we could but still having to talk about it hurt. We both had a past that led to the reason we couldn't have kids. We didn't tell anyone so we couldn't blame anyone. Honestly it made things kinda normal when people didn't know so they kept asking.

After the interview we were both quiet. We both didn't wanna say a word to each other in the car. Bruce then said "Nat." I said "Hm." He sighed and said "Question. If I may ask do you even really want kids?" I looked over at him and said "Well at one point yes. After I realized I wasn't going to be able to and I met you I kinda gave up." He nodded and said "You think you'll ever tell the public that you can't have kids?" I said "One day. If you do as well." He thought for a second then said "That's fair. We could always adopt as well." I said "Yeah. We could also try." He said "NAT!" I started laughing and said "Ok sorry!" He chuckled and put his hand on my thigh. He said "So adoption is an option?" I said "Mhm. Or..." Bruce said "Nat." I said "Ok! It was worth a try." He smiled and rubbed the inside of my thigh with his thumb. I said "How many?" He said "Uh one. That's enough anymore I might lose my mind." I started laughing and said "Yeah that would work for me to. Just a kid not multiple kids."

| Hi hope you are pleased that I put out 3 chapters today! I also hope you enjoyed this chapter because I actually found it kinda cute so I might write something like this into one big story idk. I'll update you guys on that! Have a great night!- Alexis |