Chapter 60 Panic attacks

Bruce's POV:
I had occasional panic attacks but Nat had them a lot. Mostly because of her traumatic past but some were over different things.

The team was watching a movie and Nat was biting her nails. She only did that if she was nervous or on the edge of a panic attack. I whispered "You okay?" She turned to me and just nodded. I didn't believe her but before I could say anything Tony shushed me and I was forced to be quiet.

Not even a few seconds later Nat excused herself and Tony said "She's probably scared!" Clint said "Nat doesn't get scared. Not that easily anyways."  I then said "She's not scared." Steve looked at me along with the rest of the team and said "How do you know?" I sighed and said "She's calming herself down. She was biting her nails aka about to have a panic attack." Clint said "Oh. She can't calm herself down from those. You know that right?" I froze as I heard a door slam and I rushed off the couch with the guys following me. I ran to the bathroom because it was the only closed door and shook the handle. Locked. I said "Nat!?" She responded "Go away!" I kept messing with the door and the team tried helping but it didn't work. The door was locked and Nat was having a panic attack on the other side of it. I said "Nat. You're okay. Just please open the door." She didn't respond and all I heard was sobbing. I sighed and frustration and said "Come on Nat! Just open the door."

It took 3 whole hours. 3 whole hours to get Nat to open the door. When she did she was still shaking but the team comforted her and she told us it was all a daze to her. She didn't fully remember what had happened and we probably won't even tell her because that could trigger the panic attack again.

| Sorry this is late! Also sorry for not post I got sick and couldn't post. Anyways hope you enjoyed and as always have a good one!- Alexis |