58

bey

I was sitting in my office waiting for Onika. She said she wanted to eat lunch together since we haven't seen each other.

This week has been off for us. Now that I'm back to work we can't see each other at work and she hurt my feelings the other day.

She always does, it's nothing new.

There was a knock at my door and I was already smiling before I saw Onika. "Come in!"

It wasn't Onika, it was Monica.

I couldn't be rude and ask her to leave but I wasn't going to give her the opportunity to "flirt" with me.

I really don't think she was flirting with me, Onika just doesn't believe people can be friendly like I do.

I still wasn't going to be her friend. I don't think it's fair but I don't like being disrespectful to Onika.

"Hi, what can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with this form? It's for the scholarship." She walked over to my side of the desk like she did last time.

"Um, I'm actually busy at the moment but maybe you could email it to me and I'll try my best to help you before the end of the day." I wasn't going to risk it, Onika was going to be here any minute.

"Please? It won't take more than a couple minutes."

To make matters worse she bent over and her cleavage was right in my face. I didn't look of course, I turned and faced my computer. I started typing an email to Robyn asking her to come save me.

"My girl-" Right on cue, Onika walked in.

I saw the look on her face and I already knew.... I was saying a prayer to myself. We would all need it.

She put her hand on her hip and chuckled. My heart started to beat out of my chest and I didn't even do anything wrong.

"Did she tell you she was in a relationship?" She didn't move from the doorway.

"No?"

"Well she is and she's not going to fuck you so you can get your boobs out of her face."

"Onika-"

"Shut up. I already told you about this bitch-"

Monica stood up straight, "Bitch?"

"Hoe why are you still here?! I just told you she's not going to fuck your desperate ass!"

"Onika she was just asking me for help with a form." I was scared. She might kill me in my sleep for this.

"Bitch does she look like the front office?! You better go ask the secretary!"

Onika was yelling so I stood up and helped Monica to the door.

"Sorry." I whispered as I closed the door.

Robyn banged on the door from her side. "Shut the fuck up! I'm trying to sleep!" It's the middle of the day and we're at work but okay.

"Beyoncé." Uh oh, not my full name.

"Please calm down-"

"Calm down?! Tell me to calm down again."

"I was trying to get her to leave, I promise."

I really didn't think all the yelling was necessary but I wasn't going to say anything.

"Why was she here in the first place?" She wasn't as loud anymore, thank goodness.