Memories are beautiful 💕

Happy reading 💕
Continuation

Mini slowly takes faltering steps towards Neil's ward. Her legs were shivering, she opened the door, but before stepping inside, she closed the door again, in fear. She turned and leaned back onto the door, shutting her eyes tight and letting her tears flow. Meera was shocked looking at her in that condition, leaning onto the ward door and weeping silently, keeping her hand on her mouth. 

Meera/Preet: Mini!!

She came back to reality, and came to them.

Mini (shivering voice): Meera mujhse nahi hoga yaar, tu jaa jaake mil le usse.. Mai.. mai nahi.. nahi jaa sakti..

Meera hugged her tight, and Preet sobbed silently seeing her friend in this condition. Meera broke the hug.

Meera: Mini, jaa.. mai jaanti hu tu dekhna chahti hai usse.. Jaa, mil le..

Mini: Nahi.. Mujhse nahi hoga, usko aise nahi dekh sakti mai.. 

Meera: Mini.. aankh band kar.. (she did) kya dekh rahi hai??

Neil's smiling face flashed in front of her. She too smiled a bit.

Meera: Bas.. ab ye yaad rakh, darr nikalke ek baar jaa, usko dekhne.. Shayad usse bhi thodi si himmat mil jaaye, aur (cupping her face) tujhe bhi.. Jaa..

She turned again towards the ward door, and taking baby steps, she walked inside his ward. She saw him lying lifeless on the ward bed, bandaged and wounded badly. She came to him, and gently caressed his forehead, somewhere still hoping that his lips would curve into a smile like it always did, whenever he was asleep, but it didn't. That broke her more. She clutched his palm close to her heart, making sure not to hurt him. She shed a lone tear. She couldn't speak a word for a few minutes. 

Mini: I need you Neil!! Mai tumhe nahi kho sakti!! I can't lose you!!

She kept her head on his hand and cried, she wiped her tears. 

Mini: Tumne mujhse promise kiya tha Neil Oberoi, ki tum kabhi nahi jaoge mujhe chodke, kahi nahi jaaoge mujhe chodke.. To aaj vo promise pura karo.. I know, tum ho soakkad, par kitni der tak sote rahoge Neil?? Ab bas bhi karo yaar, uth jaao jaldi.. Aur bardash nahi hota mujhse!! Tum jaante ho phir bhi?? I hate you Neil Oberoi!! I hate you so much!! Kyu kiya tumne aisa?? I hate you!! 

Her voice softened, and she placed a kiss on his forehead. The doctor came in, and she understood. She caressed his cheeks, and slowly walked out of the ward and Neil was taken for the surgery. Mini sat on the bench outside, and Meera noticed the time. She saw that it was quite late. 

Meera: Mini.. Chal kuch kha le.. 

Mini: Nahi.. yaha sab chodke kaise.. nahi.. mai yaha se nahi jaa sakti

Meera: Kahi nahi jaana hai Mini, yahi canteen me kuch to kha le!! Bohot raat ho gayi hai!! 

Mini: Vo.. doctor kabhi bhi.. aa jayenge.. mujhe to.. yaha rehna padega.. 

Meera: Kuch nahi Mini, abhi time lagega doctor ko aane me.. chal kha le kuch!! Apni health ke saath to koi laparvahi mat kar!! 

Mini smiled as she remembered Neil sulking at her if she skipped any meal. 

Meera: Bas.. Ab Neil ki tabiyat already kharab hai.. Ab mai tere saath risk nahi lene wali.. Aur agar tu bimar padegi, to usko kaise sambhalegi ha?? Chal ab!!

Preet: Jaake kha le kuch Mini.. Mai aur Dadu hai yaha pe..

Mini stayed silent, as Meera signalled Preet and pulled her to the canteen. Mini was lost in her thoughts, Meera gave her a glass of water. She gupled down the water, and got lost in thoughts again. Meera kept a plate in which a few toasts and a glass of milk was kept..