Chapter 55

When I woke up I was alone covered in a blanket on the couch, I couldn't even remember what had happened last night. I groaned, sitting up as my head throbbed wildly. Damn I must have drunk a hell of a lot last night.

I stood up slowly, shielding my eyes from the sun coming in through the window. I slowly stumbled out into the kitchen where Tiffany was standing with a bowl of pancake batter in the crook of her arm. She noticed that I walked in and looked up and smiled at me.

"Tough night, pookie?" She giggled, stirring at the batter vigorously.

"What even happened?" I questioned, clutching my stomach as I sat down in one of the chairs at the table.

"Well...You found your parents stash of
liquor." She explained, glancing up at me.

"I guess that explains the gnarly hangover." I groaned.

"Yeah...." Tiffany trailed off.

"Then what happened?" I questioned.

"You and that Jc kid really hit it off, even ended up cuddled up next to him on the couch." She chuckled, preheating the oven.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes really, I got him to scatter off back home eventually though." Tiffany said.

"Where are my parents?" I questioned, resting my head against the table.

"They stopped by earlier this morning, and told me they are going on a work cruise. They'll be back in a few days or something." She shrugged, pouring the batter into a pan on the stove.

"Of course, figures they'll go running off like freaking cats in heat." I growled in a pissy tone.

"Someone's in a bad mood today." Tiffany raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah well-" I was cut off by the sound of the door bell echoing through the whole house. I shot Tiffany a skeptical look, and she shrugged.

"Maybe they came back early." She said, as I got up and began to hobble out to the hall.

I made my way to the door and glanced through the peep hole, my mouth dropped open when I saw who it was.

"Kian?" I asked, slowly peeling the door open. He stood on the door step with a guilty look on his face.

"Hi Sam?" He said quietly, staring down at the floor.

"Why do you look like you just killed someone?" I questioned, closely examine his expression.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase here okay..." He stared into my eyes.

"Get to the chase? What are you-"

"I have a new girlfriend, and I wanted to tell you before the news gets out." He mumbled. I stared at him with a blank expression, my eyes peeled wide open, as I pressed my lips together slightly.

"Come on Sam, don't give me that Bambi look, we broke up." He said harshly, his words taking me by surprise.

"Oh no, we did not break up, you decided that for us." I barked back, defending myself.

"Well it seemed pretty goddamn clear when you were with Jc last night." He responded.

"How did you know that?" I questioned, taking a step back slightly.

"You called me drunkenly from his phone. What? Did you two hook up or something?" Kian asked, anger dancing in his eyes.

"Maybe we did! Why would it matter because we broke up!" I yelled, shutting the door on him.