Chapter 52

50 missed calls

I groaned looking over at my phone. They were all from him. I stopped checking at about one am last night. At approximately 2am he started leaving voice mails. Though, it's not like the voice mails were much of anything, just his drunken voice mumbling on about how sorry he was. It wasn't good for my mental health to keep listening to them.

I barley slept through the night, I just kept replaying the situation in my head. I mean, how could he be so stupid to drink drive, only months after that being the same way my brother was murdered. God forbid he didn't get pulled over and he kept driving and hit someone, and ruined their whole life. It may not seem like a big deal, but it was to me after what happened to me. Then he had the nerve to call me a bitch. I wish I could be there to see the hell of a hangover he has when he wakes up in the morning.

"What are you thinking about?" Tiffany asked, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh nothing really." I replied, not really wanting to talk about my problems.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked, sounding concerned. It was so crazy how much she had changed from my brothers bitchy girlfriend into an older sister figure. I was still trying to figure out exactly what triggered the change.

"Uh no I'm good." i hesitantly replied. suddenly something Made me feel a pang of guilt about kian. maybe I should go and check on him, I mean I did still care.

"I'll be back soon." I said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Tiffany asked sitting up.

"To Kian's dorm." I explained, beginning to walk to the door.

"Have fun." She lazily responded.

***

I decided to walk to his dorm because it was a lovely day out and the walk wasn't that bad. I arrived at his dorm about 15 minutes later.

I hovered my hand before the door, considering if I should maybe just leave. Since I was already here, I figured I might as well see how he is doing. I hesitantly knocked on the door, making an echoing sound bounce around in the thin air.

Within a few moments, the door flew open, and I was disappointed to see Connor standing there. He had a puzzled look plastered on his face.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" He asked, looking me up and down.

"Uh I came to check on kian." I said, looking at the empty room behind of Connor.

"Really?" He asked hesitantly, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah. so, where did he go?" I questioned.

"He went to a party or something." He replied, shrugging.

"What?"

"He told me he thought you guys broke up." Connor replied awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with me. I felt my stomach flip over, but I couldn't tell why exactly I felt that way. I mean, I was the one who told him that I couldn't "deal" with him. This was all just a big misunderstanding.

"Shit, do you know where he is?" I asked as rain suddenly began to pour down from the sky that way absolutely clear mere seconds ago. perfect, I guess I was walking home in the rain.

"No, but I can tell him you stopped by." Connor replied, giving me a pitiful look

"Alright well I guess I'll see you later." I said, turning my back to the door. I slowly took one step out into the rain, and felt my hair get weighed down. I sighed loudly as my clothes began to stick to my skin as the rain seeped into them.

After a few minutes of walking, a car pulled up to me on a relatively empty street. It made me Nervous until I peered into the car and noticed I'd seen the person in the car before.

"Hey uh, you need a ride or something?" Asked the dark haired boy.

"I was told not to get into the car with strangers." I said, offering a half hearted laugh.

"It's either this or that. " he replied, nodding at the rain. I looked up as the rain began to pour down harder.

I nodded my head at him and strolled over to the passenger side of the car. I pulled the door open and cautiously sat down in the seat, shutting the door behind me.

"Jc, is it?" I questioned, pulling the seat belt over my chest.

"Yeah, and you're Sam right?" Jc asked, looking over at me.

"Mhhhhm." I replied.

"So, where to? Kian's dorm?" He asked.

"No, I think we... never mind. Uh just take me to my house please. It's at 14 Rosebud circle." I told him.

"Alright no problem." He replied sweetly, beginning to drive down the street. It was quiet for a few moments other than the pattering of rain on the car roof.

"So how did you meet kian?" He asked, looking at me through the corner of his eye.

"It's a uh long story." I chuckled to myself, curling up onto the arm rest on the chair.

"Well, we met over the Internet." Jc admitted, causing me to laugh slightly.

"So you meet friends over the Internet and pick up strangers off the street. You're like a mother's worst nightmare." I responded sarcastically, and heard him chuckle.

"I guess so... I think we are here." He told me, as we pulled up outside my house, "damn your house is big."

"Yeah, it's my parents, they're utterly rich." I smiled, obviously over exaggerating.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around then." He said as I got out of the car.

"Yeah, see you around." I grinned back at him.