Chapter 12

"Thank god it's finally Friday." I said, attempting to fish tail braid my hair.

" Your first week of school is officially over." Kian said, uncomfortably shifting the position sitting he was in.

"Thanks for repeating what I just said." I replied.

"If you were anyone else, I would have dumped your sarcastic ass by now." He mumbled.

"You can't actually dump someone you were never dating so..."

"See, I just love it when you do that." Kian said.

Before I could reply with another witty remark, my door creaked open.

"Hey sweetie can you feed the fish?" My mom asked. "Oh, do you have a friend over!" She said excitedly, pushing the door all the way open.

"Oh yeah...um this is Kian. We are working on a school project together." I said, covering for us.

"Well hello Kian." My mom said, "I'll leave you two to do the school work." She said, walking out and closing the door.

I sat silently, trying to get stray hairs to stick to my head.

"Why don't you just tell your mom we hook up? she seemed pretty cool about you having a boy in your room." Kian asked.

"That is only because she sees me as a perfect child. She still thinks I'm a virgin." I said, taking my purity ring off my finger to show him.

"Isn't it a sin to wear that if you aren't a virgin?"

"Maybe." I replied, sliding the ring across my make up table.

"You're not going to wear that to the party?" Kian said, leaning against a wall.

"Nah, whenever I do, guys always make creepy pick up lines about stealing my 'virginity'." I said, now carefully applying eye liner in the mirror.

"So are you gonna find a new guy tonight?" Kian asked quietly.

" You know it. Then I'm going to fuck him in front of you." I laughed.

"Really?" He nervously asked.

"No!" I said, throwing a pastel blue pillow at his face.

"You can if you want to. I mean, it's cool." Kian said nonchalantly.

"Don't worry, I know we are a kinda of exclusive thing." I turned to face Kian.

"We aren't an exclusive thing." Kian shot back.

"But we kind of are." I replied, leaning on the make up table.

"We really aren't."

"When was the last time you slept with someone else?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Kian hesitated for a moment.

"That doesn't make us exclusive." He insisted.

"But it really does." I teased him.

"Let's just go." He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed my coat.

"Wait!" I said, grabbing Kian's hand to stop him from leaving.

"What?" He asked annoyed.

I reached my hand into a drawer and pulled out a head band with a sparkly mini top hat attached to it.

"Snazzy right?" I smiled, putting it on top of my head.

"I was thinking a lot of guys would wanna hook up with you tonight, yeah, I'm not worried anymore." Kian laughed.

"Okay well first of all, that's offensive." I replied, adjusting the headband. "Second of all, you were worried? That's cute."

"Come on we are gonna be late." Kian said tugging me to the door.

***

"Why is it so loud in here!" I yelled to Kian over the loud music.

"Maybe because it's a party!" He yelled back to me.

"Nice hat!" A friendly looking brunette girl said to me.

"Thanks." I smiled widely. "See Kian, I told you-" I stopped talking when I realized He was no longer at my side. "okay, I guess I'm on my own." I said to myself.

I walked slowly through the huge crowd of people.

After a while of searching for familiar people, I ended up at the bar section of the club.

"Hey, can I get a beer?" I said, hopping up on one of the tall bar stools.

"A beer girl , huh?" The cute green eyed bartender said, locating ones of the taps.

"I've actually never tried one before." I said as he placed a overfilled filled glass of amber colored liquor in front of me.

"Adventurous, I like your style." He said as I handed him the money.
I took a sip of the cool alcohol, and recoiled at the taste.

"How do you like it?" The bartender asked.

"Um it kind of tastes like old piss." I laughed, shoving the glass back slightly.

"So what's your name, beer girl?" He asked, wiping off the table with a cloth.

"I'm Sam." I smiled brightly.

"I'm Jack." He returned the smile.

"Well, nice to meet you Jack."

"So where is the asshole boyfriend?"

He said, glancing around the party.
"Huh?" I questioned.

"Oh come one, I've worked in a bar long enough to know that nice girls like you usually have an asshole boyfriend." Jack replied

"Well, I have an asshole boy, but i don't think we are putting labels on things. Just having 'casual' sex." I said, taking another sip of my drink.

"Ah yes, those are the worst kinds." he sighed "Let me guess, he dragged you to a crowded party with no one you know, and then left you in the dust."

"That's it." I said toasting the drink to Jack. "Just follow the trail of thongs and I'm sure you'll find him."

"How long have you been casually hooking up?" He asked.

"Like 3 months." I shrugged.

"wow, you know what, I think you need the hard stuff." Jack said, pouring a round of shots.

"Let's take one for every time this boy has been a douche." He said, holding up a shot.

i stared hesitantly at the large round of tequila shots.

I glanced back at Jack and picked up a shot and raised it next to Jack's.

"To terrible people, but great sex!" I shouted out, downing my first shot