Chapter 4 The Impostor (part 2)

The mayor presented to everyone the artist, who was biting the stick of a lollipop out of excitement.
In his hand, the young man was holding a picture of Lady Noir that he took from a newspaper.
"Theo?" The mayor called him.
Theo akwardly waved to the croud.
"You had the honor to create this statue, and you'll also have the pleasure to show it to the citizens. . . When Mister Bug and Lady Noir will arrive, of course" Mr Bourgeois said.
One second later, Mister Bug jumped on the stage.
"My apologize for the delay! I couldn't find my mask" Mister Bug joked.
Mr Bourgeois didn't laugh; he pretended to smile happely and then let Chloe come closer.
The girl reluctantly hugged Mister Bug: they both looked extremely unpleased by that action.
When Chloe left him, the hero shook hands with Theo.
"Where's Lady Noir?" The artist asked to Mister Bug.
"She must be on her way. We can wait for her a little longer, right?" Mister Bug looked at the mayor.
"I'm sorry, but we're running out of time!" Mr Bourgeois answered.
He insisted on continuing with the celebration.
Theo looked heartbroken.
"Don't worry. She'll be here soon" Mister Bug told him, but he was surprised that Lady Noir was that late.
_
_
_
Marinette and Nathalie were watching the tv and eating snacks.
"Isn't Lady Noir supposed to be there with Mister Bug?" Nathalie suspiciously asked.
Marinette almost chocked on a marshmallow.
"She could be- Ehm. . . Sick!" She said.
Nathalie nodded.
Marinette's guess sounded plausible.
_
_
_
When it was time, Theo showed his work to the croud.
Everyone was expecting something incredible, but they were very disappointed after seeing it.
The statue featured both Lady Noir and Mister Bug, however it was hard to recognize them.
The proportions of the heads, the arms and the legs were all wrong.
It looked like a melted popsicle, but Theo was proud of his work anyway.
He looked at Mister Bug for validation and the boy tried to make a smile for him.
_
_
_
Marinette was simply shocked. She had her mouth open in disbelief.
Meanwhile Plagg was giggling behind the desk.
"I knew it was going to look horrendous!" He whispered.
_
_
_
When the celebration was over, mayor Bourgeois and Chloe left immediately.
The people who came to watch it left as well.
The stage was being dismantled, but Theo was still there.
He looked really upset, so Mister Bug tried to comfort him.
"Nobody likes art when it's new! People need some time to fully appreciate what they see" he said.
Theo wasn't feeling upset because of the statue: he was hoping to meet Lady Noir during the celebration.
"She's so brave and beautiful. It must be fantastic to work with her!" He said to Mister Bug.
"Of course. She's a great partner!. . . That is, when she doesn't play around with me" the boy answered.
"What?" Theo asked.
Mister Bug told him about the games that Lady Noir liked to play while they were working.
"She goes "Oh, Mister B! When can we go on a date? I've never been to the zoo before! Let's go tomorrow!". She's a bit childish, you know? But she's a good person" Mister Bug was smiling, but Theo wasn't.
He clearly had feelings for Lady Noir, and listen to Mister Bug talk about the times she asked him out on a date, made Theo feel such envy and anger.
Therefore, he walked away.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Mister Bug asked without getting an answer.
Theo belived that Mister Bug and Lady Noir were a couple, and that he wasn't a good boyfriend to her.
"He doesn't appreciate her! He doesn't deserve her!" Theo thought.
His feelings were felt by Hawk Moth, who sent one of his Akumas to the young artist.
The butterfly flew inside the picture of Lady Noir and Theo was able to hear Hawk Moth's voice inside his head.
"Impostor, I'm Hawk Moth. I think love is a beautiful thing, but some people don't deserve it. Mister Bug doesn't appreciate Lady Noir as you do!" Hawk Moth didn't care about Theo's love problems, he only wanted to use his anger towards Mister Bug to get his Miraculous.
"I'll give you the chance to meet Lady Noir, so that you can finally tell her your feelings. In return, you'll bring me Mister Bug's earrings. And, when you get to know each other better, Lady Noir's ring as well" .
Theo agreed to do what Hawk Moth told him and was transformed into a super villain.
_
_
_
Mister Bug was trying to contact his partner.
He was on the roof of a building next to the park.
Lady Noir didn't answer his call, so he had to leave her a voice message.
"Hey, Lady Noir! You must be busy right now. You weren't at the celebration and I was worried, so . . . Call me when you can" he said in the message.
Mister Bug hoped nothing had happened to his friend.
"Maybe I'm thinking too much" he whispered.
Mister Bug wanted to go home, but before he could leave, he heard the police sirens.
"An Akuma attack?" Mister Bug followed them to the Louvre Museum, where many cars of the police were gathering.
He immediately went to talk to the officer.
"What's wrong, sir? Is there an Akuma attack?" The hero asked to him.
"Stop right there, Mister Bug! You're under arrest!" The officer ordered to him.
Mister Bug was confused.
"Why am I under arrest? I didn't do anything wrong!" He said.
"Is that so? Then explain this!" The officer had a video footage of the museum's camera as proof.
The video showed a perfect copy of Mister Bug stealing the Mona Lisa's painting, in front of many visitors.
Mister Bug wantched very carefully and noticed that the person who stole the painting had a lollipop stick in his mouth, which looked familiar.