Chapter 9 Red Fighter (part 1)

Adrien was in the locker room of his school.
A couple of days before, his parents and Nino's parents had a chat with the two boys: their families belived that they spent too much time in their rooms, playing videogames, drawing or editing videos.
Therefore, if they wanted to keep doing their hoobies, they had to balance their free time with some sports.
Nino choose tennis, because it sounded fun to him, and Adrien decided to try with martial arts.
"It's good that you're finally learning some self-defence" Tikki said, inside the boy's locker.
"I should have done this before. I can't only rely on my luck. It's time I learn to fight back" Adrien said while he was changing his clothes.
When he turned around, Adrien saw that a boy was looking at him weirdly, because it seemed like he was talking with himself.
"Y-Yes, mom! I'll be back after the lesson! Love you, bye!" Adrien pretended to be talking with his mom on the phone and the boy walked away.
Before closing the locker, Adrien gave Tikki a sorry face.
As he entered in the school gym, he felt overwelmed by pressure.
The students were practizing their fighting skills, while Adrien was just standing alone, trembling for the fear of not being able to be as good as them.
He noticed that no one was wearing glasses, so he took his glasses off and he put them in his pocket.
When the master entered in the gym, his students quickly gathered at the center and Adrien did like them.
The master welcomed his new students.
"I know this is all new for many of you, but don't worry. You'll be assisted by a partner during the training sessions" the master told his older students to find a partner.
As he expected, Adrien was the only one who couldn't find someone.
He looked around but he didn't see anybody who wanted to train with him, probably because he didn't see a lot without his glasses.
Then a girl came to him.
"You don't have a partner?" She asked.
"I'm afraid no. . . But I'm not surprised. I would be a terrible partner!" He confessed, scratching the back of his head.
"Don't say that, Adrien! You're an amazing partner when you play videogames" The girl said.
Adrien wore his glasses and gasped when he saw that the girl was Marinette.
"Ma-Marinette!? Y-you're here too?" Adrien stammered for the surprise.
By giving a second look at her, he noticed that she was wearing a different training suit.
"You've been practizing martial arts for a long time?" He asked.
"I started when I was nine. My father didn't want to, but my mom insisted into letting me take part" Marinette explained.
"Marinette, you found yourself a partner?" The master asked when he got closer to them.
Marinette put her hand on Adrien's shoulder.
"This is Adrien Dupain, a dear friend of mine" she introduced him to the master, and the boy blushed.
"Well Adrien, allow us to show you the three basis of our class" the master told Marinette to assume a pose and she did it.
"Remember to obbay your master" Marinette said.
She grabbed Adrien's arm and flipped him like a sack of feathers, but instead of slamming him as she was supposed to do, she gently made him lie down on the mat.
"Always be prepared for when your opponent is going to attack" the master said.
"And don't forget to show respect to your opponent" Marinette helped Adrien to stand up and bowed to him.
"I have a lot of things to learn. I hope one day I can be half as good as you" The boy said.
"I already know you will" Marinette smiled.
In that moment, someone who didn't belong to their class walked into the gym.
Everyone stopped training to look at him.
The boy had his head and part of his face covered by a red pumper, for this reason all that it could be seen of him were his blue eyes and a dragon tattoo on the neck.
The boy went to the master.
"I'm here to challenge your best student" he said with extreme impudence.
All the students started whispering about him.
"Who this guy thinks he is?" Adrien said with a louder tone.
He didn't mean to say it aloud, so when everyone went quiet and looked at him, he pursed his lips.
Even the mysterious boy heard him.
The other students cleared the way and he got closer to Adrien.
"I am the the top of my class. Five times champion of the Parisian martial arts tournament. Luka Couffaine for you, newbie!" Luka said with a threatening voice and Adrien swallowed in fear.
Marinette stepped between the two boys, to defend her friend.
"This is Adrien Dupain and you need to leave him alone!" Marinette affirmed, looking straight in Luka's eyes.
"And that's Marinette Agreste-Cheng, my best pupil and by the fire in her eyes, I think she's accepting your challenge" the master said.
Luka and Marinette positioned themselves in the ring that was drawn on the mats.
The rule was that the first one to touch the floor would have lost.
Luka and Marinette started fighting.
She tried to kick his face from the open side, but Luka protected himself and punched her in the stomach.
Marinette kept fighting as if she didn't recive that punch.
At some point, Luka grabbed her by the arms, and she grabbed him in the same way.
It was a standoof.
Their faces were so close that it looked like they were about to kiss.
Suddenly threw Marinette out of the ring, she flew over the mats and crashed on a desk, which fell on the side.
"Marinette!" Adrien screamed.
After giving to Luka a deadly look, Adrien ran to see if Marinette was okay.
He was surprised to see that Marinette had clung on the side of the desk, in order to not fall down.
The girl was able to pull herself up.
"I didn't touch the floor!" She exclaimed, standing on the overturned desk.
The fight had to continue.
"Then let's make this more interesting" Luka smiled confident.
He jumped out of the ring and tried to kick Marinette off the desk, but she jumped back, landing on the bleachers behind her.
So, what began as a normal martial arts combact, became a fight scene from a ninja movie.