Chapter 5 Pharaoh (part 2)

The scroll was featured on the flyer that Adrien brought home, and Tikki recognized it immediately.
She wanted to show Adrien that Mister Bug and Lady Noir have always existed.
The boy got closer to the plate on the wall below the scroll and read aloud what was written.
"This ancient scroll was found inside the tomb of prince Asim. . . A prince?" Adrien looked again at the drawings and he wondered how different from him the past Mister Bug was.
Perhaps his predecessor was brave, strong and always knew what to do, unlike Adrien who was insecure and too much thoughtful.
"I didn't know Lady Noir and Mister Bug were THIS old!" Marinette said with a cheerful voice.
"Me neither" Adrien replied serious, almost depressed.
"I wonder how Mister Bug was like back then. Probably he was as handsome as he's today!" Marinette's immagination showed her an attractive older Mister Bug, with darker skin and a costume more reliving.
Adrien was so absort in his thoughts that he didn't listen to Marinette calling him handsome.
"Lady Noir is so lucky!" She added.
With that sentence, Adrien's gloomy face turned into a relieved smile.
"Mister Bug is the lucky one" he affirmed.
Marinette looked at him surprised.
"Lady Noir is the one who keeps him on track and helps him in every moment. She's the streght of their team" Adrien explained.
Marinette was flattered by his words. She looked at him so softly, with a warm smile, and Adrien didn't even notice.
A sudden voice broke the silent between them.
Mr Kubdel, Jalil and Alix walked inside the hall and went directly to the scroll.
"See, dad? It's all written here!" Jalil explained that the scroll told a story occurred many years ago "It says that a man, who had lost his beloved one, was willing to do anything to bring her back! He wanted to do a ritual: sacrifice an innocent soul in exchange of his love's life!" .
Alix and Adrien were listening to him, while Marinette was distracted once again when she finally spotted Plagg.
She sneaked away from the others, to go get her Kwami back.
"Son, this is just a tale. Nothing like this has ever happened" Mr Kubdel said disappointed.
"It's true and I can proove it! I just need to take the scroll and-"
Mr Kubdel stopped Jalil from taking the scroll.
"This relic has been inside a pyramid for hundred of years! You can't just take it to try a pointless ritual!" His dad was very serious.
After he told his son not to take the scroll, Mr Kubdel returned to his work, leaving poor Jalil with his little sister and Adrien.
"Don't be upset, big bro" Alix tried to cheer him up "It could always be the greatest discovery of the next century!" .
Jalil walked away, with his dreams crushed because he couldn't proof that he was right about the ritual.
But his problems were Hawk Moth's biggest hopes.
He sent one of his Akumas to Jalil and the butterfly flew inside the amulet of his neckless.
"Pharaoh, I'm Hawk Moth. Don't let anyone tell you that what you're trying to achieve is impossible! I too hope for a ritual to work, but I need the Miraculous of Mister Bug and Lady Noir to do so. Maybe we could give each other a hand?" .
"Anything to make my wish come true!" Jalil agreed to help Hawk Moth and was transformed into a super villain.
_
_
_
Marinette found Plagg hugging what looked like a grey stone wheel that was smelling weird.
"I've been waiting for so long, my one and only love!" The Kwami said.
"Plagg! What's that thing?" Marinette asked.
"It's cheese! It has been maturing for centuries inside the pyramid!" Plagg told her.
"That's cheese?" Marinette was disgusted "Wait a minute, you wanted to come to the exhibition for this?! I thought you wanted to show me something important!" Marinette was righfuly angry with him.
"This is important for me" Plagg tried to justify himself.
_
_
_
While Marinette was having that argument with Plagg, Pharaoh went for the scroll that he was denyed.
When he walked in, Adrien and Alix hid behind the same sculpture where the boy hid before.
"Who's that guy?" Alex asked.
"I think it's another super villain" Adrien answered with an angry expression.
"But he doesn't look that scary. Remember when Ivan was turned into a big rock-monster? Now that was something!" Alix said, looking at Adrien, whose face was showing the frighten that she was talking about.
Alix turned back and saw Pharaoh in front of them.
"Alix" the villain said and grabbed her arm "You'll make the perfect offering for my ritual!" .
When Pharaoh tried to take Alix away, Adrien stood up to help her.
"Release her now!" He said with a trembling voice.
"Foolish boy" Pharaoh grabbed Adrien by his jacket; he lifted the boy and threw him inside a empty sarcophagus.
"That's what I get for pretending to be something I'm not!" The boy started punching the lid of the sarcophagus to get out.
Unexpectedly someone helped him.
"What are you doing in here? Are you an egyptian prince?" Lady Noir joked when she openned the sarcophagus.
Adrien was so happy to see her and to hear her silly jokes.
"Lady Noir, thank you! But how did you know I was in there?" The boy asked.
"I saw you trying to save that girl from the super villain. You're a brave one, you know that?" Lady Noir complimented him.
"Me? Brave? But I couldn't even face him without trembling! I'm not brave, I'm just a frighten cat. . ." Adrien said with shame.
"You tried to help that girl, and you did it without any powers. That takes some guts, if you ask me! You should be proud of yourself" Lady Noir kindly smiled.