Chapter 7 Gamer Boy (part 2)

Marinette remained silent and watched Adrien arguing with his parents.
There was something so naturally beautiful in that moment of ordinary life.
They looked so happy.
A happy family, something that Marinette had forgot it could exist.
"Don't take them seriously, Marinette! They're just saying!" Adrien looked at Marinette and saw a tear falling down her cheek.
Adrien openned whide his eyes in disbelief: Marinette Agreste-Cheng was crying in front of him.
That was something he never thought he would have seen.
His parents were as surprised as he was.
"Huh? I'm sorry! I don't know what's happening to me" Marinette apologized to them for crying. She tried to wipe out her tears, but they kept falling.
"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" Marinette continued to apologize while crying.
Emily decided to get up from her chair and went to gently pat the girl's head to let her know everything was ok.
_
_
_
Max was still upset for losing to Marinette, and Hawk Moth didn't wait long to interveen.
"Losing at your favorite game. . . That's something I can relate to" Hawk Moth said, thinking about all the times he had lost to Mister Bug and Lady Noir.
He transformed a butterfly into an Akuma and sent it to Max.
The Akuma flew inside his glasses.
"Gamer Boy, I'm Hawk Moth! I want to give you the chance to live in your videogame forever! In return for this favour, you'll bring me Mister Bug and Lady Noir Miraculous" .
"Allright, Hawk Moth. Let's play!" Max accepted his conditions and was transformed.
His glasses became like the visor of a virtual game; they made Gamer Boy see the world around him like an actual videogame.
He had a cannon glove, similar to the one that his avatar used and he also had a special backpack.
Gamer Boy was excited to try his new powers, so he used his cannon glove to fire at the things around him.
He fired at a car, a mailbox and a tree, and these objects turned into golden coins that were absorbed inside his backpack.
Above Gamer Boy appeared a bar, for the points he just got.
"I need more points to get to the next level!" He decided to go around the town and fire at everything he could find.
He ever fired at the poor citizens who tried to ran away.
Then Gamer Boy walked to the Grand Paris Hotel, where Sabrina and Chole were playing the same videogame, in Chloe's room.
"See? You press the x to fire and the circle to shield yourself" Sabrina explained again.
"I AM pressing the x! But nothing happens!" Chloe complained.
"You're firing at a rock? That's why nothing happens. . ." Sabrina said and Chloe turned red.
With all the points he collected, Gamer Boy passed to next level and recived an upgrade: he got some boots that allowed him to make huge jumps.
With that upgrade, Gamer Boy jumped from the street to the terrace of Chloe's room.
When he leaned in front of the window, the two girls screamed for the fear.
In an attempt to make him go away, Chloe directed her joystick to the super villain and pressed the x.
Gamer Boy openned the window and fired at them.
"This is even easier than before!" Gamer Boy grinned.
_
_
_
After lunch, Adrien brought Marinette to his room.
"Again, I'm so sorry for crying like that" Marinette apologized one more time.
"Don't worry! I also cry after a rough day" Adrien told her.
Marinette thought that he was just saying that to make her feel better, but it was true.
Adrien closed the door of his room, then he turned on his computer and the console.
The two teens sat at the desk, took the joysticks and started playing.
After a while without talking with each other, Marinette decided to say something.
"It's great that our school allows us to partecipate to a videogames tournament. In my old school we weren't allowed to do fun activates. Just homeworks and boring projects that took weeks to do!" she explained to Adrien.
"Do you miss your old school?" He asked.
"Not really. We had to wear a simple black-and-white uniform and the teachers were so strict!" Marinette confessed.
"More than Miss Bustier?" Adrien asked, holding back the laughter.
"Yes! Compared to them, Miss Bustier is Mary Poppins!" Marinette shouted and they both laughed.
Then Marinette said that there was actually one thing that she missed from her old school.
She talked about two girls, who were her bestfriends.
"We were always together" She was saying with a nostalgic smile "But. . ." Marinette stopped talking.
Adrien felt that there was something important that she was about to say, but it wasn't easy for her to say it.
"If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay" Adrien told her.
"I want to! That is. . . if you want to listen" Marinette looked at him, like she was asking him to listen.
Adrien paused the game and put his joystick on the desk.
And so, Marinette told him the story.
"One day, one of this two girls came to me with her brother. She said that she found a little box in her locker, which had my name on it. Inside the box there was a roach. They accused me of putting the roach inside the locker, to play my friend a bad joke. I told them it wasn't my idea, but they didn't belive me! I couldn't take it anymore! So, trying to shut their mouths, I started a fight in the middle of the lunchroom with the brother. . ." .
"Did he hurt you?" Adrien asked.
"No" Marinette didn't lose the fight that day, but what she had lost meant more to her than winning a fight.
"I lost one of my best friends. She never spoke to me after that day. And when the principal found out what I did, I was expelled. . ." Marinette finally confessed the reason why she got expelled from her old school.
She didn't told that story to anybody, not even to Alya.
But she told it to Adrien.
After that, Emily knocked on the door.
"Adrien, remember our deal: take a break and go outside for a while!" .
Marinette and Adrien decided to take their break outside.
They sat on a bench at the park, near Adrien's house, and continued their talk.