S2 The Operative

Y/n POV:

It almost felt like the end of an era. Bolt had much praise from almost every legend, combine that with the fact that he went head to head with linen blisk during the battle of amethyst station and WON...it was almost underwhelming to see him in such an injured state. But that was done now, it was time to move on with your life, your job. You chaired bolts corpse in your arms back to the ship, many grunts and agents starred at y as you carried him in.

Grunt:that really him?

Agent:what did he say to you Hephaestus?

You didn't respond to any of them, as much as you wanted to move on bolts words still stuck in your mind like a tumor. What did he see in you? And why did he trust you to give his last words to the legends?

Y/n:all souls on board phantom. Captain could you fly us out please? Just this once.

He starred at you, then to bolts charred corpse.

Captain:rog, give me a few seconds I gotta warm the engine up. You guys were down there for awhile, guess it was worth it though!

He threw a spare bullet shell so it would hit bolts corpse.

Y/n:come on man! Have some respect!

Captain:for him? Sure kid, you must've forgotten all that he's done.

Y/n:I'm well aware. But I still have respect for soldiers...even him.

The captain groaned and refocused his attention to flying.

Grunt:imagine what the boss is gonna think when we bring him this!

You shook your head and continued to stare at bolt.

Y/n:yeah...imagine.

Months later...

You're currently in your personal quarters listening to (favorite song) focused on your latest gadget- well gadgets technically, you simply called them smith drones. These were supposed to be your life's work, six handheld drones that you could attach to your arms in order to fire off that could work wonders when it came to combat. You heard a guard enter your room.

Guard:H.

You turned your volume up.

Gaurd:H!

Y/n:this is supposed to be...no no the wirings all off-

Guard:Hephaestus!!!

You turned of your radio and spun around in anger, still you tried your best to speak calmly.

Y/n:dude, I've spent SIX HOURS working on this today...so if this entire building ain't crumbling to the ground or they found a way to bring Robin Williams back from the dead then-

Guard:the new boss wants to have a word with you.

You fell out of your chair out of shock, you grabbed your desk to help you back up.

Y/n:alright I'll be out in a bit.

Guard:figured.

You threw your best looking clothes on and stumbled out of the door. The syndicate home tower lights were extremely bright causing you to briefly shield them as you exited your room.

Y/n:turn em off!

The guard was waiting right outside your room, strangely enough with two more armed guards.

Guard:boss is waiting for you, let's go.

Y/n:what am I being detained or something?

Guard:this is how the boss wants it now, don't take it personal it's gonna be like this for everyone.