freezer (kirishima x deku)

"thank you! Enjoy your meal!" Izuku said as he ring up the last customer on his first shift.

He switched out with his coworker and went back to the break room before his other job started. 15 minutes later he was in the kitchen, flipping burgers and frying french fries.

He was on a roll until closer to the end of the night, when he ran out of thawed burgers to cook. He looked over to see his coworker, Dylan, sufficing just fine with his supply, and asked if he could borrow a package of patties that were already thawed.

"Hey can I borrow some of those??" Izuku asked kindly.

"Hell no. Go get your own, the freezer is not hard to open." He said grumpily.

Izuku sighed frustratedly and went off to the freezer. It was large walk in freezer with a stereotypical metal door.

Izuku opened the door and went inside. It was very cold. The thermometer on the wall read -2°C (≈28°F)

He looked for the burgers. It was almost the end of his shift. Had Dylan taken them all?? He couldn't find any.

He heard footsteps approaching the door and began walking back over, eager to get out.

"God who left the freezer door open??" One of his coworkers asked irritably. Then shut him inside.

The lights went out. Izuku's heart dropped.

He ran to the door, "HEY HEY LET ME OUT!" He yelled, "LET ME OUT! IM IN HERE STILL"

He banged on the door, trying to grab the attention of anyone who was outside. The motion made the lights in the freezer turn on. The air was so cold it hurt to breathe. He was shaking profusely.

"LET ME OUT!!" he screamed, banging on the door.

There was no response. His heart was beating so fast. It felt like the walls of the small freezer were caving in on him.

"IM IN HERE LET ME OUT." he screamed. His knuckles were bleeding from banging on the door, the blood was freezing to his hands.

He took a deep breath and began pacing, "everything's gonna be okay." He told himself, "someone will realize I'm gone. Someone will."

He checked his watch. 11:45. They closed at 12.

His phone, his belongings, everything was still in the break room. He had no way to call for help.

He continued to yell until his voice was hoarse and kept banging on the door until his hands were dry, stiff, and covered in blood.

He paused, standing in the silence. He couldn't hear anything.

Nothing at all.

Not the buzz of people in the kitchen, not people yelling over the drive through chatter on their headsets. No one had noticed he was missing. His watch read 12:10am.

Everyone was gone.

"Fuck." Izuku cursed as he realized how grave the situation was. There was no handle on the inside of the freezer.

"This can't be happening." He said shakily, he was so cold, "this can't be happening."

His hands and feet were numb and red His face felt tight from the cold.

He found the seal of the door and the wall and pried at it, tearing his fingernail into his nail bed in the process.

It was sealed tight. He couldn't feel any of the pain from his ripped fingernail, his hands were numb.

He walked back and forth, alternating rubbing his hands together and sticking them in his armpits to try and stay warm. He could see his breath.

He had no extra jacket. Nothing.