shinso has a breakdown (dadzawa and dadmic)

(request) sorry this took like 4 months to write lol I had no ideas!

Shinso had been pushing himself too far. Much much too far.

He was behind in schoolwork, his was behind on sleep, he felt behind on everything. He hadn't been doing well at all.

He'd been having panic attacks any time a due date got close. He was alone in his room every time it happened. Hyperventilating, unable to breathe right. It was terrifying.

He would sink against the wall and cover his head with his hands, gasping for breath.

This time in particular was especially bad. He had 4 assignments due that night, it was already 10pm. He couldn't figure out how to get it all done, he'd sat at his desk for hours thinking and thinking and thinking but never doing.

And now he only had two hours left. He cought himself panicking. It started with his heart racing.

"Shit." He said to himself as he stood up and started pacing, trying to distract himself from the rising panic in his stomach and chest. His head was pounding, he felt excessively nauseous.

All he could think was.

This is bad
I can't finish
This is bad
I can't finish
I'm not going to graduate
I'm going to get held back
Everyone is going to be so disappointed in me.
I'm disappointed in me
I hate myself
Everyone hates me
I'm so lazy
I'm so stupid and lazy
I can't do anything right, I'm so stupid.
Mr. Aizawa is going to be so upset with me.
Mr. Mic is going to be so disappointed.

He was sobbing. Hard. So hard that his dorm neighbor heard.

But he didn't hear them knock. He didn't hear them call out. He couldn't over the ringing in his ears or how loudly he was sobbing.

There was a point when he was so nauseous he gagged. He couldn't get in a good breath. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think anything but horrible thoughts, horrible things about himself.

He didn't hear anything as Aizawa unlocked his room and with a worried look entered his room, calling his name, "Shinso? Shinso are you okay?"

Aizawa found Shinso curled up in the corner of his room, head his his arms, hands holding tight to fistfuls of sweaty purple hair.

Aizawa knelt in front of him, "Shinso? Shinso bud breathe with me, in for 4 out for 4." He said calmly, carefully pulling Shinso's hands away from his hair.

When Shinso saw Aizawa, it only seemed to make things worse.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry it's late I didn't mean to." He sobbed, he couldn't breathe. He couldn't think anything except how disappointed Mr. Aizawa must be in him.

"Kid, I don't care about your schoolwork right now I'm worried about you." Aizawa said, helping Shinso uncurl a bit, trying to give his lungs access to more oxygen.

"I can't-" he gasped, "I can't breathe." Shinso sobbed, "I can't do anything right." He said, trying to bring his hands back to his face.

Aizawa noticed scratch marks and scabs all over his arms, light abrasions under his eyes from clawing at his face in frustration.

"Shinso, I promise you're going to be okay. Try not to think about school right now, just focus on breathing with me okay?" Aizawa said calmly.

"I'm sorry I haven't turned it in." He sobbed.

Aizawa shook his head, "listen to me kid, the due date is whenever you can get it in. I'll give you full credit, I just need you to breathe with me right now."