iideku food poisoning drabble

Sickie: deku
Caretaker: Iida

Lately Iida had been the biggest thing in Deku's life. He was always on his mind lately.

Recently they'd shared a kiss on the stairwell in the back of the school. They were meeting there again today. Izuku was excited.

He didn't question the tinge of nausea in his stomach, thinking it was only thrilled nerves at having another kiss. Maybe for longer. He grinned at the thought as he packed his bags up for lunch.

He got there and got the food he always got. He wasn't a fan of change. However, it had been tasting a little off lately.

But like most things, he didn't question it.

They sat together at lunch that day.

"Izuku, do you always get the same thing for lunch?" Iida asked, looking at him with a sweet grin. It was something he hadn't been able to get rid of whenever he was with Izuku lately. They were so happy, despite their relationship not being official yet.

Izuku nodded, "old reliable. I'm almost scared to get anything else." He laughed, vaguely aware at the slight nausea still lingering in his tummy.

It didn't bother him much, still passing it off as nerves as he took another bite of his food, oblivious to anything that might be wrong with it.

"You make me so happy." Iida said with a grin, looking dreamily into Izuku's eyes.

Izuku gazed back, "you make me so happy too. I really just wanna kiss you again." He said, raising his eyebrows a bit. He hadn't meant for that last part to slip out.

Both their faces were beet red.

"Yeah, me too." Iida said with a grin.

"Are you out?" Izuku asked.

Iida shook his head, "and you aren't to too many people either right?" Izuku nodded, "yeah I'm only out to you pretty much."

Iida smiled, "so we just have to be a bit sneaky."

Izuku nodded, feeling his stomach gurgle uncomfortably as he swallowed another bite of his lunch. He immediately stopped eating.

"You okay?" Iida asked, seeing Izuku's face pale.

Izuku just smiled and nodded, his face noticably whiter than before. He finally started to question the nausea he'd been feeling little by little all day.

Still, he pushed it off.

It was probably nothing, everyone had been feeling under the weather these days. The weather was changing, the wind was growing cooler, and romance was in the air. He wasn't gonna let anything ruin him meeting up with Iida after school today.

And yet, as he worked through the rest of his classes, Iida at his side, he felt the effects of the nausea. It clawed at his throat, tearing up his stomach. His stomach began to cramp so badly he excused himself from class and went to sit on the toilet for a while. He wasn't at all embarrassed, only relieved that he was able to dull some of the pain and discomfort he was feeling.

He came back to class a bit more relaxed, but his face was sunken and pale. He looked nothing short of sick.

He got a glance from Mic as he walked back into the class 10 minutes later, only 3 minutes before the bell.

Iida leaned over to him and whispered, "are you okay?"

"I have a stomach-ache." Izuku admitted, holding his bloated stomach nervously.

"Oh, man. I hope it feels better!" Iida said with a soft smile.

"Just talking to you makes me feel better." Izuku said with a smile.