⭐eating disorder (dadzawa)⭐

TW: anorexia, bulimia, self harm, bullying, body shaming
--------

When Aizawa became aware of his student's problem, it was already severe. Izuku had an eating disorder. Whether he was conscious of it or not was a mystery to the man.

He was always a skinny kid, and yes Shouta knew that eating disorders didn't only make people skinny and the like, but he'd always just assumed that's the way Midoriya was: skinny. His genetics, he acted healthy, from what he saw ate healthy, this was hero school after all. Some students were incredibly fit with crazy metabolisms, and with the power of that boy's quirk it didn't seem like an extraneous idea whatsoever.

Aizawa did notice the way his classmates (Bakugo, it was only Bakugo) would pick on him from time to time, but it never seemed bad. More like brotherly banter than anything. The occasional fat ass with a sarcastic comment in rebuttle. Midoriya stood up for himself, he didn't let himself get walked all over anymore and neither did his friends. At least, not in front of people.

Aizawa had no idea how bad the bullying was before high school or off campus.

Izuku's problem, however, became incredibly obvious once all the students of UA were required to move into dorms. Once they all had to eat with each other, or as Midoriya saw it, in front of each other.

He hated living in the dorms. He hated the lack of privacy. He hated not being able to fully control his food anymore. He hated it all.

He watched the numbers on the scale go up after living in the dorms for a couple weeks and he absolutely lost it. He lost all happiness or feeling of control and he he hated it. He had been berated since he was little for being chubby, and he would never see himself as anything less than that, even though the numbers on the scale (even with the gain) were much too low.

That's when the bulimia got bad.

Izuku ate, sure, but he would excuse himself for the bathroom and throw it all back up as soon as possible. He used to hate vomiting, but it felt normal now. It felt right, especially when he decided it was time to do it. It gave him that control he so desperately craved again. He chose when he got sick. He chose how to releive it. He chose what stayed in his body and what left. (And he chose for almost everything to leave).

When that didnt make the numbers drop, he started eating less and exercising more on top of throwing up everything he was eating. That's when he saw progress. That's when he liked what he was seeing. That's when the numbers really started dropping. That's what motivated him to keep going.

Similarly, that is what alerted Aizawa that something was seriously wrong with his student. He would often find Izuku on runs before and after school, jog to catch up to him and encourage him to come in early, to tell him that he'd exercised enough in training today. Izuku rarely listened.

One day, he didn't come back.

-----

Bakugo tended to go out on runs around the same times as Midoriya. This was when a lot of their off campus bickering happened (or as it should have been seen, bullying). There was a lot of unbroken tension between them, and it rarely got physical in front of people. Izuku was firm with his friends by his side, but when he was alone he snapped like a twig. When he was alone, Bakugo' insults had the intensity of a tornado rather than a gust of wind.

Bakugo sighed exasperatedly, annoyed as their running paths converged.

"Stealing my route, fatty?" Bakugo teased, a scowl never leaving his face. He never really meant anything by it, he just felt the need to make Izuku hurt. He never even thought about it any farther than that and always said the first insult that came to mind. He found it funny, he liked the feeling of power when Izuku didn't fight back, when it felt like this weak boy wasn't such close competition anymore, "you wish you were as buff as me."