peanut allergy (dadzawa)

It was a normal school day and Izuku Midoriya was munching on a pack of peanut butter crackers, his usual midday snack that held him off till lunch.

But after finishing the pack of crackers he began to feel very wrong. His whole body itched and his head was pounding and his lungs ached as the air seemed to thicken.

"Ok. Now, I'm not assigning you groups, so get together in groups of three. Choose wisely I'm not grading these projects based on individual effort, all three in the group will receive the same grade. There will be one group of four." Aizawa explained boredly, "ready set go."

But as people began to congregate, Izuku had barely heard a word and only put the clues together when Iida tapped his shoulder, "Midoriya, do you want to join our group?"

Midoriya turned weakly, trying to act like nothing was wrong and hoping the sudden sick feeling would go away.

"Yeah, sure." He said, feeling like he was choking on his own tongue. Why did his tongue feel so large?

It's fine. Deep breaths. It's normal, don't overthink. Its a bad time for a panic attack.

The other person in his new group was Ochaco, who immediately picked up that something was wrong.

"Are you okay, Deku?" She asked casually, "you're looking a little pale."

At Ochaco's words, Iida turned to look at him as well, "Oh, are you ill? You have hives on your neck... That can be a sign of sickness. Your skin is a protective organ after all."

Izuku felt his stomach shift strangely and really really was struggling to talk or breath. His tongue felt like it was taking up his whole entire mouth and it was taking every single ounce of motivation within him not to start actually panicking. He realized now this was more than the beginning of a panic attack, something was wrong. His stomach really hurt. It really really hurt.

He tried to take a deep breath but audibly wheezed, his heart felt like it was pumping a million miles an hour.

"Midoriya, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Ochaco asked, moving closer to him, reaching out and rubbing his back as he doubled over slightly, holding his chest.

"I-uhthm." His tongue was so swollen it was disrupting his speech, he felt faint and incredibly sick, "I'm gthunna thfrow uthp." He said, bringing a trembling hand over his mouth as he stood up.

Iida tensed nervously as he was quite the germaphobe, but got up and carefully guided Izuku towards the door.

All eyes turned to them as the pair stood up. Among the crowd was an especially dry gaze.

Upon seeing the class problem child's pale face and struggled hobble, he went over to assist.

"Midoriya, what's wrong?" Aizawa asked.

Izuku gagged in response.

Aizawa took over supporting the boy and Iida ran to get a trashcan.

But then Aizawa noticed how Izuku was clawing at his throat and collar, how every shallow breath he took required the expanse of his whole diaphragm. And he noticed all of the bright red hives he had broken out in that contrasted his extremely pale, clammy skin.

Iida brought the trashcan forward and beckoned Izuku to sit down.

"Midoriya are you okay?" Kirishima asked, being the one who had stood up to offer his classmate a seat.

Izuku reached out for the trashcan, stuck his head inside, and heaved.

The class let out a chorus of grossed out exclamations as Izuku vomited harshly. Afterwards he wasn't able to breathe barely at all.