overbinding (dadzawa)

Trans Deku AU

Deku passes and is in the closet, only person who knows is bakugo (obviously bc they grew up together) and Aizawa

He's acting wierd at training, people notice: just read

-----

Deku came to school looking slightly under the weather. Hunched over slightly, more of a slouch to his posture than usual. his face was a little paler, more sunken, like he hadn't gotten restful sleep.

Truth was Deku had been binding for about 2 days straight. His dysphoria had been extremely bad the past few days, so bad he couldn't look in the mirror or look at his body without feeling the urge to cry.

It had been a really hard couple days to get through. Today was the worst so far. On top of struggling mentally, he was beginning to struggle physically too. His breathing was shallow and pained. His ribs hurt whenever he inhaled. He felt slightly dizzy.

And training was the last thing he wanted to do today. But partner sparring was the plan, and that's what he set up to do.

He grabbed his bag of clothes and headed to the bathroom to change. He felt sick at the thought of himself, but instead of thinking about it he pulled on his clothes and put on a stone face, ignoring his friends greetings as he marched out to the field to find who his partner was.

Todoroki.

He resisted a groan. Ever since the sports festival they had never heald back on eachother. But today, as he walked into the ring to fight, he felt his binder digging into his ribs, and he felt that he wasn't breathing right, and couldn't bring himself to move as he took a strike of Shoto's ice.

He collapsed to the ground. He wasn't breathing right. He resisted clawing to take off the binder, he was sweaty and could feel the heat in his cheeks.

After he didn't get up, he heard Aizawa and Todoroki run over.

"Midoriya! Are you okay?" Todoroki asked, offering his hand to help him up.

"I'm just-" he was out of breath, "I'm fine."

Aizawa noticed the boy's hand instinctively going to where the band of his binder would be.

"Midoriya, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" Aizawa asked, his voice laced with a necessary and knowing concern.

Izuku pushed himself up and followed reluctantly until they were in an empty hallway near the facility.

"How long have you been binding for?" Aizawa asked. Izuku didn't answer, he knew it was way way way over the 8 hours at a time limit.

"Have you been taking breaks at least?" Aizawa asked.

When Izuku didn't answer that either, and just continued to hug his flat chest.

"It's just-" he stuttered, "it's just been so hard lately." He said, tears quickly gathering in his eyes, "I can't even look at myself in the mirror without hating myself. I feel like I'm gonna cry everytime I even see what my body looks like." He began, his voice shaking.

Aizawa pulled him into a hug, "that's okay, but you have to take care of yourself.."

He could hear Midoriya take in a breath, a consistent wheeze.

"You gotta take it off bud." Aizawa said.

"I don't want to." Midoriya squeaked out, tears streaming down his face.

"You need to." Aizawa said, "c'mon let's go to my office. I have a sweatshirt you can wear in there."

When they got there, Izuku slipped into his bathroom, faced away from the mirror, and pulled off his shirt for the first time in days. He saw deep purple bruising underneath the band and cringed. He knew he needed to take it off.