Somethings wrong

~Chapter 112~
SOMETHINGS WRONG

Charlis POV:
After school Chase seemed a bit off.
We usually walk home together but we didn't today because I couldn't find him and he wasn't answering my texts.
After a few hours, he came to my house and pretend he was fine.

I could tell something was wrong with him. I just didn't know what.

Charli: "I don't mean to be the clingy annoying girlfriend but where were you?"
Chase: "at school"

It's 6 pm?

Charli: "why? And why didn't you text me back?"
Chase: "I don't know, okay. I don't know??"

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong.

Charli: "is there something wrong? Did I do something? I don't get it."
Chase: "no. You didn't. I'm sorry."

He put his hands on my shoulders

Chase: "I think I fell asleep or something. I'm just really confused right now."

He fell asleep at school and none of the teachers kicked him out? I find that hard to believe?

Chase: "I fell asleep in like a janitor's closet. I don't remember going there. I just woke up there."
Charli: "what? That makes no sense."

I can't tell if he's lying to cover something up or if he is telling the truth

Chase: "I don't know what to tell you. That's just what happened."
Charli: "okay?"

I'm very confused

Chase: "I'm just confused right now."
Charli: "so am i"

He walked passed me and then walked started walking upstairs

Chase: "I'm gonna go to bed"
Charli: "it's 6?"

Why's he going to bed at 6

Chase: "I'm just tired"

But didn't he fall asleep at school?

Charli: "ok"
I followed him up the stairs and into my room. He got in my bed and under the covers

I took a deep breath

Charli: "did something happen... with like... another girl?"

I know he'd never ever cheat on me but I don't know what else to say? How can you fall asleep in a janitor's closet? Why was he even in a janitor's closet?

Chase: "you're kidding right? You've got to be joking Charli? I want to marry you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Why in the world would I ruin that for another girl?"

I shrugged

Chase: "do you not trust me or something?"
Charli: "of course I trust you. I just had to ask. I of course know that you'd never cheat on me."

He nodded and sat up

Chase: "Please just believe me when I say, I don't know what happened. I wish I did. But I don't and that's all I can explain. I'm sorry"