Life without you

~Chapter 88~
LIFE WITHOUT YOU

Chases POV:
I feel a little bad about lying to her about the reason I am back today but it's better for her.

I'm not gonna lie... I am sorta disappointed she's seeing someone...
I know I told her to move on and I'm glad she has but it's hard, you know? It's hard picturing her with someone else.
It's hard to watch someone you love move on. I'm happy for her though. I wish it were as easy for me...

I'm glad she's letting me go to prom with her today. I guess whoever she's dating just couldn't come, I don't know what's more important than prom with this beautiful lady but I'm glad he's not here.

I really can't believe I'm seeing her again. I thought it would be at least a few years.

We entered the place where the prom was being held and it looked great. There were people dancing and there was a DJ, and lights flashing.

I grabbed Charlis hand and brought her into the crowd.

Chase: "care to dance?"
She smiled and nodded

I grabbed her hands and for the next 10 minutes we didn't say a word to each other. We just danced and laughed. Felt like old times.

We continued to dance but the music started slowing down

I smirked at her then put my hand her waist. I put the other hand in hers and we began slow dancing

I knew we had to start talking now

Chase: "tell me Chari, how have you been"

She sighed

Charli: "I'm not gonna lie... in the beginning it was rough... I couldn't find happiness in my life... but now... it's still hard every day to be without you but It's easier then before..."

Cant relate...

Charli: "what about you? How's Kentucky?"
Chase: "you actually don't wanna know"

It's horrible. I hate it so much. Like no offence to the people who live there but why. I love California so much more.

Charli: "what about your therapy, how's that going"
Chase: "no no no. First I wanted to ask you if you... you know. got help? For your drinking?"

She nodded

Chase: "really?"

I sighed in relief. Thank god. I wish I could've been here with her while she was going through this.
I'm really glad she's done something about this.

Chase: "what help are you getting?"
Charli: "support group, it's kinda weird since every one there is older but it's fine."

I'm so glad she's doing better now

Charli: "i went there and I noticed one thing... I was worse then all of the other people. No one else drank as much as I did"

Yeah... it's not normal to have that much...

Chase: "Everyone's different Charli"
Charli: "no, that's not why I'm saying this"

Oh.

Charli: "I'm saying this because at the support group, everyone called themselves an alcoholic and if I'm worse then them, that would make me an alcoholic too"

...

Chase : "Char, you are an alcoholic..."

She drinks more a day then an average person drinks in a month. She's not okay. And I don't wanna put a label on it but she is a hardcore alcoholic.