Pilot

Summer was finally over and Arabella was in her bedroom, Lady Gaga's newest single, just dance, blaring out whilst she got herself ready for school. She just finished curling her hair when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" she shouted turning back towards the mirror and running her fingers through her curls.

The door opened and Elena stepped inside "Morning Elle .. how are you feeling about our first day back?"

"I feel fine lena, we grieved and now it's time to move on and start living life like our parents would want us to" she stated with a small smile, god how she just hates how overbearing Elena has been this last summer. "Now I need to finish getting ready, Ty will be here anytime"

Elena sent her a sad smile and then left the room, probably going to lecture Jeremy on something.

Arabella swiftly turned back towards her dressing table and took a look at her reflection in the mirror when her eyes slowly shifted to a photo of the three siblings and their parents. It was one weekend at the lake house and they found it really hard to get them all in the picture. Flashbacks of that night started flooding her memory.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she suddenly heard a car horn beeping, Arabella quickly gave herself one last glance before she grabbed her school bag and rushed out of her bedroom.

"Morning family" Arabella rushed out as she entered the kitchen and quickly poured some coffee into her thermos "I won't be home after school, I'm going straight to the grill" she informed her Aunt Jenna before kissing her on the cheek and rushing towards the door.

"Don't stay out to -" Jenna was cut off by the door slamming shut.
Aunt Jenna had took on the role as their legal guardian. She didn't have a clue how to raise three teenagers but she was trying her damn hardest.

Arabella was so excited to see her boyfriend, as soon as she saw him she ran as quick as she could over to him, swinging her arms around his neck and kissing him softly before pulling away. "Morning babe" Tyler said with a beaming smile on his face "you ready to go?"

She gladly returned the smile, nodding her head enthusiastically and climbing into the passenger seat of the car. Once they were on their way, Tyler started talking about how kickass this year was going to be and football etc. Arabella was aimlessly staring out the window not paying the slightest bit attention to their conversation.

"Elle" Tyler shouted, making her jump "back in the car"

She slowly shook her head "I did it again didn't I?" She asked him "I'm sorry Ty, you were saying?"

Before Tyler could even reply a big, black crow smashed against the front windscreen causing Tyler to swerve his car and come to an abrupt stop at the side of the road. Arabella couldn't breathe, flashbacks of that night replaying over and over again. Tyler turned to her and could tell how panicked she was by the look on her face. "Oh my god, Elle, are you OK?" He asked her frantically.

She took a deep breath and turned to face him, placing a hand on his arm "I'm fine Ty" she reassured him with a small smile. It was a lie but she wanted it to be true.

"It was a bird or something, it came out of nowhere"

"Ty I said I was fine, I cant be freaked out for the rest of my life!" She stated bluntly "Can we just get going, my blonde best friend awaits"

Tyler chuckled slightly, leaning over and pressing his lips onto hers before setting off again. Little did they know, the bird that hit their car was perched on a lamp post watching them drive away.

********

Arabella and Tyler were walking down the corridor of Mystic Falls High before saying their goodbyes and going their separate ways.
She was heading towards her locker when she noticed her twin and her best friend Bonnie stood at Elena's locker conversing in conversation and laughing.